Bucky book 1 sneak peek

Ik I've been gone just hear me out idk if I'm losing interest but I got a couple of sneak peeks for y'all to make it up to you guys🥰-Dajah

The setting is New York City after cap left Y/N and Autumn disappeared

Bucky

"Y/N?" I called out as she looked up at me and then took her sunglasses off. "James?" She asked confused as I grabbed the door so she can fully walk out and let go of the door. "Thank you" she thanked before we stepped to the side and looked at each other.
"I didn't even notice you without all the hair" she said as I chuckled and she smiled. "Do you still hate me?" I asked as she giggled and shook her head. "Not as much" she admitted as I chuckled.

"I thought we all agreed that you were going to check in with Sam and I?" I asked looking at her as she stood up straight. "You're one to talk. From what I heard the last time I spoke to Tiffany and Sam they haven't heard from you either" she started off. "And you weren't at the tribute for Steve a couple of weeks ago either. What was that about?" She asked. "I am currently on probation so i currently cannot leave the state of New York" I started off "if you must know Cap" I jokingly said as she just smiled and looked away. "You break the rules any other time" she simply said as I smirked and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked "I finally went to the court house thinking that I had to fill some paperwork out for Steve and I's marriage status but found out legally he isn't even considered my husband anymore because he past" She started off "so they gave me the option of keeping his last name or changing it back to my maiden name" she explained as I immediately felt bad.

"I'm sure Steve at least wanted you to keep his last name" I brought up. "Yeah he did" she admitted with a small smile. "You still wear the ring?" I asked nodding my head towards her hand not seeing it. "No it's on my other hand" she said with a small smile and showing it to me as I faintly smiled.

She then looked at the time on her watch "let me go" she started off going to the curb to hail a cab. "I got it" I assured immediately getting a cab for her as The cab came to the curb and stopped. "Thank you" she thanked as I opened the back door for her. "Well It's good to know you are still alive" She joked as I chuckled And she got into the cab. I continued to hold the door open waiting for her to get situated. "How long are you here til?" I asked. "Tonight I'm just going to drop these things off to my mother and go back to my hotel" she explained as I nodded.

"Well it was nice seeing you" I assured "and make sure you check in with me every now and then. I told Steve I'd watch over you" I said as she smiled at me. "Okay. And if you can't open up to your therapist or Sam I'm always a phone call away" she assured causing me to smile some. "I'll keep that in mind, be safe" I said as she smiled "you too" she said as I closed her side door and the cab pulled off.