5-Ambush

At the top of the tall structure stood Glimmer. She was unmistakable, with her glittery skirt glowing like a disco ball. Normally, it would have been too dim to make out anybody, but Glimmer's outfit made her a moving target. By now, Adora would have assumed that Glimmer would know that. She either didn't realize or didn't care. Honestly, Adora wouldn't have been surprised if Glimmer wore this fancy outfit today just to impress her boyfriend. 

Glimmer's back was to Adora and Catra, gun raised. She looked over the platform, searching. Adora shot her before she had the chance to find them.

"No!" Glimmers armour turned red, and Adora pushed past her. She ran through multiple wall pathways but couldn't find Bow. Meanwhile, Glimmer was everywhere. Everytime Adora passed a mirror, Glimmer was behind her, laser guns ready. Adora was a better shot, however, so she and Catra both managed to hit her before Glimmer even aimed her laser gun. Still, Glimmer was hitting them more than usual, which made Adora more frantic. 

Bow wasn't here! Why were they separated? 

"I win!" Glimmer was still shooting. "I'm finally getting you-"

Catra shot her again. Glimmer groaned, rolling her eyes.

Shooting noises intensified, and Adora ran ahead just to meet a dead end. She sighed. "Where's bow?"

Glimmer shrugged. "I'll never tell. We're allies."

"Really?" Adora laughed. "And I bet you didn't spend much time strategizing?"

"Well, I bet it's the same for you and Catra!"

Adoras face turned red. She laughed very loudly, and looked under the structure (which they had somehow found themselves back on, to hear running from a distance. Slowly, she raised her head over the cardboard walls to see who it was. She couldn't make out the face, and shot the figure. Or, she tried to. They dodged out of the way, towards them. 

Think fast, Adora! She aimed.

And then got shot.

"Hey!"

"Not sorry," said Catra.  She aimed her gun at Adora, and Adora nearly raised her hands in defeat. But then the first shot sounded, and Adora pivoted out of the way. Catra still aimed, so Adora hit behind Glimmer, who was also getting a few shots in. 

"You betrayed me!"

Catra kept shooting. She was good, so Adora had to move fast. She and Glimmer shoved their way past Catra, and once they found an intersection, Adora pointed Glimmer towards a random pathway. "Go there!" When Glimmer did, her sequined skirt showing where she went, Adora went the other way.

Ha! She couldn't go after both of them! 

And of course, instead of going for Glimmer, the easy, more visible target, Catra was chasing her. She was faster than Adora, so Adora kept changing directions, trying to confuse her. They kept shooting each other, and Adora could have sworn she was being shot more than Catra was aiming, but that was crazy. 

Eventually, Catra rushed ahead, blocking the next exit. Finally, Adora skidded to a stop, panting. She hadn't realized how hard she was pushing till it was over. She aimed again, and Adora chuckled when she was shot. "You're pretty good."

Before Catra could reply, Adora pushed past her, squeezing her way past the maze. She ran till her heart felt like it was gonna explode. Ahead, was a sparkly sequin.

Adora shot Glimmer. Something shot her, and her gaze trailed upwards. Bow was right above her, able to see everyone from a distance. Pewing noises sounded, as he constantly aimed outward at her and Catra. Adora must have been staring, because Bow noticed her. He waved. She aimed for him, but he was too high up. She tried to move, but Glimmer blocked the entrance up.

She grinned. "See? I can beat you sometimes."

Adora laughed. "We'll see." She didn't want to force her out of the way like she and Glimmer had done for Catra. It felt wrong. She was her sister, technically, and it wasn't like she was Catra, who she did this with all the time when they were little.

But then again, if she didn't, she'd lose. "Come on, do this for me?"

"No!" She shot Adora. Footsteps sounded behind her. Adora pressed a finger to her lips, and soon enough, Catra emerged. She pushed past Glimmer, and grabbed Adora's arms. As Adora tumbled upwards, she frowned. "Didn't you betray me?"

"Well, it got kinda boring without you." She laughed. Her laugh was kinda breathy, and Adora was relieved that she wasn't the only one panting. "We were a team in everything when we were younger. It just felt wrong."

"Yeah." Adora said, "I missed you." It came out wrong, and when Catra gave her a sideways look, she cleared her throat. "I mean, I missed this. Us. As a team." But Catra wasn't listening, instead focused on the mission.

Ahead, was Bow. He had his back turned, so Adora shot him. It was kinda exhilarating, and she grinned while doing so. The thrill didn't last long, however, because their time was up. 

The lights turned on, and her gun shut off. Adora pressed the trigger a few times, like it would suddenly give her more points if she just willed herself to take another shot. 

Did she...actually lose?

"That was so cool." Bow let his laser gun drop, signaling peace even though the battle was over. He shook Catras hand. "You know, you're pretty good at this game."

She grinned, twirling her gun like a cheer baton. "Duh. I'm awesome."