60 -Five Years Later

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
IT'S HERE!
THE ENDING!
ENJOY!

Adora rubbed her hands against her forehead, paint smudging her skin. She was in her studio, surrounded by canvases and art papers. Under her easel sat a handful of completed watercolours, stacked on top of each other. Next to it was a bin full of perfectly organized paints.

Gingerly, she selected a paint tube, and added it to her pallet. From the easel's rim, she retrieved her paint water, and began mixing. 

As she worked, Adele played in the background. Adora was never much of a singer, but she could finally understand the appeal of humming along to music. And she did. She hummed as she worked, feeling the stroke against the brush on the paper. 

Eventually, the music shifted,  retreating into video game soundtracks. What could she say? Some things never changed. The movement of the brush became second nature, like it was a part of her.

She barely noticed her phone ring. After a moment, Adora was pulled out of her reverie. She picked up her phone, without looking at the receiver. "Hello?"

"Hey."

"Hey." Adora smiled. "So, do you have good news or bad news, Glimmer?"

It was almost a game for them now, for Adora to ask, expecting a certain answer. They both suspected Bow had smething he wanted to ask her, and so Adora and Glimmer were both waiting with baited breath. Glimmer had even started wearing her best clothes to her dates with Bow. She also started using her best makeup, which always amazed Adora at how easy Glimmer made it seem to apply. It was definitely a skill Adora would never fully understand.

Adora could almost feel Glimmer smile. "It is. It is!"

"Oh, my god!" Adora grinned. "So, when's the wedding?"

"We haven't talked about it yet. We're just thinking about the details-Bow's considering doing it in drag..."

"He should." After debating, Bow had graduated to start his career as a drag queen. It was a slow process, getting noticed, but eventually he began to build a name for himself, where he could dress up as a princess every night. It was actually kinda perfect, because Glimmer got to do his makeup. It was always cute seeing him do a show, just for Glimmer to come over on his break to do touch ups, or to help him in or out of his costume. She was his number one fan. 

It was wonderful that they got to tie the knot, finally. 

"I agree! We also want to know who to invite, and so we were thinking about Mom, and you and Bow's dads, of course."

"Of course."

"But we also want friends we haven't seen in awhile. People who helped us become who we are, you know?"

"Right," Adora said, and set her brush down. "How long have you been talking about this?"

"Not long, but I've been thinking about this since I thought he might be proposing."

"Of course. Of course."

"Who do you think we should invite?" Glimmer asked. "I mean, for friends. You're bringing a date, right? I could find someone if you'd like."

"No, I'm good," Adora said. "I've been seeing someone." She spun her seat around, facing the hung paintings and pictures. One item stuck out like a sore thumb: a broken plastic sword. Adora couldn't help but grin. "We're nothing official, but she seems really eager. And I definitely want to see where it goes."

"I can't wait to meet her."

"Me, too," Adora said. "I'm glad to hear you're feeling better."

"Last Tuesday was rough," Glimmer said, after a pause "But I got through it. Thank you for coming with me. I needed the support."