13 -Missing

If Adora was Glimmer, where would she go?

There were too many possibilities. The woods, the park, heck, even her school seemed like a good option. Adora didn't put it past Glimmer to hook up at school, just for the thrill of it. She could also invision her back in the woods just to spite Angela. Glimmer was just that rebellious and just that petty.

But would Bow go with her? Wherever they were, they had to be together, so logically, they couldn't have gone anywhere that Bow wasn't comfortable going. Glimmer might have been irresponsible, but Bow wasn't.

Did Bow take her somewhere specific? A friend's house, maybe? For all Adora knew, they were at Mermista's watching true crime documentaries. Adora texted her, but of course, there was no reply. She tried to relax, to calm herself because they were okay. They probably just lost track of time, even though Glimmer promised she wouldn't be long.

So calm down, Adora! Logically, Glimmer and Bow were fine. Nothing could happen as long as they were together, right?

Right?

This was all her fault. If she'd asked where they were going, she wouldnt be in this situation.

Adora's stomach was swirling, and she felt like throwing up. This situation hit too close to home, and she couldn't just sit around waiting for her to come back.

Adora snuck out to the park.

Well, she only technically snuck out. She walked out the front door while Angela called every possible person she knew to ask where Glimmer was.

It was about three blocks away, and Adora had to watch out for traffic, but she managed it while she was a kid and could manage it now. A part of Adora hoped that that was where they'd gone, and they were just asleep under the poplar trees. Maybe they'd been shooting arrows with Bow's tiny nerf gun.

That was it. This was all a rebellious stunt. Adora checked her phone for the hundredth time, but Glimmer and Bow weren't answering. Maybe they were asleep?

The park was empty. Her stomach twisted as she texted, asking where Glimmer was.

She had to be okay.

But still, there was a part of her that worried she'd lose her family again.

It wasn't a clear thought. It ebbed at the back of her brain, and Adora tried to push it away. But an hour had passed since Angela woke her, and Adora's brain was thinking of the worst-case scenario. Heck, she'd lived through the worst-case scenario.

Right now, Adora was helpless.

The park was dark, moonlight barely illuminating the three poplar trees plopped around the playground. They were larger than she remembered, or maybe Adora was just taller, but either way, the everything was so...short.

Even the swings were tiny, and Adora could barely squeeze into them. She gripped onto the chill chains and tried to breathe.

She kicked gravel, watching as some birds landed on shaky branches. Those branches swayed a little more with the wind.

Some birds changed seats, landing on top of the climber. Even years ago, Adora was too tall for it, but Glimmer wasn't. She was scared, but eventually Glimmer managed to climb to the top, Adora by her side in case she fell.

And beside her sat a huge slide that Glimmer and Bow used to shoot at. She remembered Mermista getting so mad, when she went down a slide and got hit by a nerf arrow.

Didn't she break one of Bow's arrows? It seemed like a million years ago. Adora could barely remember it.

It was so funny. It reminded Adora of something Catra would do.