39 -Hanging Out

Soon after the bathroom visit, they were all playing random board games from the library. They played in pairs, and though she kept thinking how this was just a game, a part of her couldn't help but feel a thrill whenever she won. 

And she won a lot. Not all the time, since Scorpia wasn't good at games. And if they weren't partners, maybe Adora would have liked playing until she realized what her strategies were. 

And while playing Trouble, Scorpia would often refuse to play a card if that card would send a person's man home. And when she couldn't do anything but sabotage someone, she would apologize like crazy for it. 

Adora could see in Glimmer and Bow's eyes that they found it very amusing, but at least they didn't tell why. 

At least the conversations about books ended. 

"So, Winter Prom is right around the corner," Glimmer said, smiling. "It's gonna be so great. We're going as a couple and everything!"

"No fair." Scorpia grinned. "I remember my prom night, and I only got to experience it once. But then again...maybe it was so great because it meant the end of school."

"And the beginning of college," Lance said. "The best times of our lives, I think."

Bow grinned. "We're almost there. Just one more year and maybe we'll all be roommates. If we all to the Hoard, we could rent an apartment next to the Fright Zone!"

"You want to go to the Hoard?" Scorpia frowned. "No offence, but I don't think you'd like it there. You're a little too...soft."

"Soft?"

Scorpia shrugged. "They really cram you with homework, guys-"

"I could do it." Adora flexed her muscles. "I bet I could be the best."

"Hm." Glimmer moved her men, flicking Adora's figure off the stage, back to the homebase. At that Adora cringed. Glimmer shook her head. "Ah, yes, I see you've been really working on being less competitive."

"I have!"

"I know." She grinned. "But seriously, Bow and Adora are like, the smartest people I know."

"Have you met Entrapta?"

Her face fell. "Fine. One of the smartest people I know."

As soon as Adora met her, she had to agree with Glimmer. It wasn't even an insult, because when Scorpia led them into their house, the room was covered in wrenches and wires, and Entrapta sat in the centre of it all, tinkering along on some round robot.

It was making a song. It sounded like a bunch of beeps, but Entrapta was bobbing her head, her big purple ponytails bobbing with it. Her hair was so long, it englufed her body, and Adora couldn't see much else. 

"Hey, bud." Scorpia gave her a big hug, and in response, Entrapta patted her head. "How's it going?"

"Absolutely fascinating." She had her eyes on the machine. "Hrm-oh, hey, Scorpia. Wow, you found a lot of assistants. Can someone grab me a wrench?"

Adora strode over and shook her hand. "Hey, I'm actually Adora, Catra's-"

"Oh, I see." She went back to her work. "This is Emily-don't touch. She's very fragile, and also, I'm not sure you guys wouldn't know how to electrocute each other."

"Hey!" 

"What? I almost electrocuted myself three times."

"Oh." Glimmer shook her head. "So is Emily your new project?"

"Absolutely." Entrapta paced as she worked. With one free hand, she rummaged through her things, till she found not a wrench, but a screwdriver. "She's my toughest program yet. I want her to have a functioning brain, where she responds to my voice as I ask. She'll make a good lab assistant."

"Kinda like Alexa?"

"Alexa." She scoffed. "She's going to be better than Alexa. She's going to move around, and since she's a computer, she'll understand science, and be able to assist me on my projects. Maybe stop another explosion."

"A what?"

"Oh..." Scorpia laughed. "That's why she does her labs at home."

They stayed a little longer, putting on The Owl House as Entraptsa worked. Eventually, she took a break, watching with them, and they were all eating popcorn. When they were almost falling asleep on the couch, Scorpia finally drove them home. Adora gave a hug goodbye, her heart full as she left. 

Scorpia was cool. She may suck at games, but that was okay. 

Adora was glad they hung out, and she could see why Catra liked her. Well, she could see why before, but now, she felt it a little more. 

And who knew? Maybe some day, they could be friends.