15 -Calm Down

"Just breathe. Breathe. In, and out. It's not that hard. Breathe." Catra gripped Adora's hands, knuckles tight. "Just breathe."

"I..."

"It's okay." Catra's voice trembled and Adora's stomach churned. How could she do this to her? She sobbed, so Catra squeezed her wrist harder. "Hey, hey, I'm here."

"I-I know..."

Catra brushed Adora's hair out of her face, and Adora exhaled sharply. They were side by side on the couch, their hands intertwined. It would have been nice if Adora wasn't such a screwup.

She could never do anything right. Right now, everyone was worried or scared about her. She was so selfish, and she didn't understand how Catra was her (kinda) girlfriend. She deserved so much better than her. A person, maybe, who was stable and calm. Definitely not someone like her, who was having a panic attack.

Honestly, right now Adora needed a game of laser tag. No, she needed the high of winning laser tag. Something about it was so calming. The cheap pop music always made her focus, and the neon lights and endless pathways was something she could focus on.

Cause right now, she didn't want to focus on why she was upset. Nope, no way. She'd rather shoot at people in an innocent game of laser tag.

There was no doubt about it; Lori's Lasers was Adora's happy place. And picturing it made Adora feel a little better.

The door opened, slightly, and a figure walked in. Adora squirmed in her seat. "Catra? Everything okay?"

The voice sounded familiar but Adora's mind was spinning too much to pinpoint where she knew it. Catra stirred, and let go of Adora. Her hands rested on her thighs. "Yeah, uh, can you help? I don't have my first aid-"

"I'm fine!"

Catra glared, but Adora shrugged her off. She turned her head to face whoever was there. 

The figure was now vaguely visible from the corner of her eye. Adora blinked a few times for Scorpia's face to come into focus. She waved, nearly startling Adora.

Adora probably looked so pathetic.

"Hey," Scorpia said. She knelt beside them, barely squeezing between the couch and the coffee table. "How's it going? Ow." She pushed Catra's foot, which had dug into her abdomen. "What? I didn't say anything bad-"

"What do I do?" Catra exhaled. "I-I'm not a doctor. Adora, I just want you to be okay. Exhale with me. Breathe." She breathed with Adora a few times, but Adora couldn't keep up. Scorpia was watching her.

Catra glared until Scorpia cleared her throat and stood to leave. Scorpia grabbed a tea bag that was on the coffee table. "I'll go make something to drink. You're doing great."

"Scorp, this isn't what I-agh." Catra groaned. "It's okay. You're okay. I'm here."

Adora closed her eyes and leaned back against the couch's pillow. "I'm so...I'm so worthless."

"You think you're worthless?" Catra's voice raised. "Don't think that. Don't ever think that."

"I'm causing drama when I should be comforting-"

"Oh, shut up." Catra narrowed her eyes. "If Sparkles gets to run off cause she's bored, you get to skip school cause you feel shitty."

"But-"

"You're worth something." She sounded a little choked up. "Don't ever forget that. It's me...Nevermind."

"You're worth something to me, too." Adora patted Catras leg. Catra laughed.