20 -Gym

As I am editing this I'm listening to the 80s She-Ra lol. It's so weird to watch to what the 2018 reboot was based on after so long of equating She-Ra to ND Stevenson's rendition of She-Ra. 

I can't comment on which was better-especially since I've only seen a handful of episodes. Has anyone else seen it? It'd be interesting to know your thoughts. 

"So are you up for laser tag?"

"I don't know" Bow said. "Glimmer and I aren't exactly talking right now."

"I've noticed." Adora slowed her pace to match Bow's. They were doing laps in gym class, but honestly, Adora didn't have the mindset to keep running her best. She and Bow would be fine to jog at a slower pace.

Ths past week, it'd snowed, so the air was cooler than usual. Running helped Adora regullate body heat, especially since she wasn't wearing her coat. But she was willing to retrieve it, if need be. Bow needed someone to talk to, so she'd risk getting cold to reconnect with him.

She'd learned from leaving Catra, and the chance of losing him as a friend hurt too much. She and Catra lost their connection for years because they lived apart. There was no way she was going to stop talking to Bow because he wasn't showing up to lunch, especially when she could talk while in gym class.

So the cold air was worth the wait. It was barely chilly, anyway. Most snow had melted by the afternoon, but white blotches were visible in the distance, sparkling underneath the sunlight.

"Everyone will be there," Adora said. "She won't bring your fight up around people because you guys are a secret. Come on, they're your friends too-I don't want you isolated just because you and Glimmer are fighting."

He panted a little before replying. "I wish I could forgive and forget. Honestly, it's kind of insensitive of me to be taking this so hard. " Bow ran a hand through his hair. "I snuck out too. I should just forgive her already."

"Do you want to?"

"Of course," Bow said, but he frowned. "I don't know."

"We'll, you've seen what happens when you push your emotions aside." Adora tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace. Hopefully, it was funny to him, but he wasn't giving any indication of such. Adora's sweaty hands tightened in her fist. "That's what happened when I got my panic attack."

He sighed. "Okay. Fine. You're right." After a moment, he picked up pace, and so did Adora. "When I got home my parents were so worried. I felt like shit. I know Glimmer is making an effort to better herself but I need time to cool off."

"I understand," Adora said. She rubbed her arms, shielding her from the slight wind. "If you need time, then she'll understand."

"And you're not gonna tell Glimmer any of this?"

"Of course not. " Adora put a hand on his arm, and it was meant to be for just a second. But he skidded to a stop. Adora was about to say something when a whistle startled both of them.

"Hey! Keep pace, guys!"

As they started walking, Adora reiterated. "I'm your friend too, you know. Talk to me, and I won't go running to Glimmer. Pun not intended." And at that, she saluted. "Promise."

Bow laughed, each bbreath a little raspy.

"What?"

Bow put a hand over his mouth, stifling his chuckles. "it's nothing. I just find it Kind of funny because you and Catra are having a rough spot-don't pretend you aren't. I can tell."

"How can anybody tell? it's like I have a sign on my forehead telling people when I'm upset."

"Because we know you." There was something strained in his voice, however, and Adora's body went rigid. "What?"

"There's something else."

"There's nothing else." He shook his head. "Catra's important to you, so we're paying close attention to your relationship." He made an awkward laugh. "Are we being overprotective?"

"That's not it."

"What?"

Adora shrugged. "There's some other reason you're so quiet." She grunted out a few pants. "Don't deny it-I know you, too."

"Glimmer told me," he said, "a few days ago, we talked, and I said I needed space. Somewhere between all the fighting, she mentioned you were waiting for Catra to call. Also that you need therapy." He raised an eyebrow.

"Are you serious? I don't need therapy because of Catra." Adora nudged his shoulder. "I need it because of everything else in my head."

"I'm sorry." He shuffled his feet. "I just had to ask."

"Thanks, though." Adora forced a smile. "I appreciate you looking out for me."

"Always," he said. "I want to be there for you like you want to be there for me. It's part of being in the best friend squad. We look out for each other."

Adora grimaced. The sweat from her exercise was starting to get cold. They were running on a track outside since that snow had somehow thought a little honestly they were kind of freezing, but it was better than staying inside since they would have to for the rest of the semester from behind, hunTara yelled at them to speed up, but Adora couldn't bring her self to speed up.

Fine. She'd bite. "I was fighting with Catra that day. We're still resolving an issue but everything's worked out now." She forced a big toothy smile. "Don't worry about me. I've caused enough worrying already."

Bow shook his head. "I don't think anyone was worried about you when they figured out where you were, but okay."

Sure. Adora sighed, her exhale coming out heavy. "Are you doing OK?"

"I am, I promise. It's just..." Bow said, "my dads are the best parents I could ever ask for. They'd sympathize with me and Glimmer's secret relationship. Hell, back when they were my age they had a secret relationship. I'm just so frustrated that I have to keep it a secret.

"I can't even tell them, why I was out late with Glimmer that night, even though they probably suspect were together." He sighed again. "They deserve honesty, and Glimmer isn't ready for that."

Adora rolled her eyes. "All for free sex? It's not worth it."

"Come on, you know Glimmer." He crossed his arms. "She may say it's because she wants alone time, but really it's her first relationship and she's nervous to tell people about it. I understand why she's doing it, it's just frustrating."

Oh.

She was such an idiot.

Adora nodded. "I agree-I mean I understand why she feels that way. Maybe you need to talk to her about this."

"Yeah, maybe." He rubbed his temples. "We tried talking about this earlier, and I said I needed space to think. That's all."

"Fair enough."

"I'll think about laser tag," he said, "as long as you'll think about opening up. After this week, you've seen the effect of bottling your emotions, right?"

Adora groaned. "That's not what I meant when I said-"

He glared at her like a father would at his child. She sighed. "Fine. I'll think about it."