29 -Whispering

Finally finished the Owl House

All I can think is, I really wish it weren't over

"So, how did it go?"

Catra rolled her window down a crack. There was something about her smile that made Adora's heart flutter. Her hair was tucked behind her ears, and a silver stud pierced her cartillage. That was new, but hey, Adora wasn't complaining. Something about it fit Catra, like it was only a matter of time before it happened. Heck, Adora wouldn't be surprised if she got some tattoos, too. 

Adora waved. "Hey! Thanks for meeting me!"

"Of course." Catra rested her arm against the dash, and gestured towards the empty seat. "Let's get in before someone honks."

It was very possible-they were in a student parking lot, after all. Adora hurried in. 

As soon as she bucked, Catra asked again, "how was therapy?"

"Oh. It was good." She tried not to blush, but she probably looked like a tomato. Catra's leather jacket was zipped  down, a red turtleneck underneath. It really suited her, and Adora suddenly felt really ugly in her beige coat and track pants.

Adora played with her ponytail. "They let me talk about whatever, so I told them about things in my life-"

"Like that panic attack?"

"No." Adora sighed, head against the glass. Her cheeks were chilled just touching it. "I had other things to talk about."

"But you're gonna tell them, right?" 

 "Oh, yeah." If Catra weren't driving, Adora would've probably nudged her shoulder. "Look at you, being all concerned." 

They crossed the school's sign, announcing the dance and other sports related functions. It was nothing Adora needed to keep track of. Everyone in school knew about this, so she never understood why they needed a whole sign for it. 

She'd go to the dance regardless of reminders. She wasn't hating the idea, but at the same time, she could be doing something else entirely. Like laser tag, for example. 

God, she couldn't wait to renew her pass. 

"I just..." Catra frowned. "I don't want you to be like you were that day. I've been thinking a lot since then. Not just about the attack, but about our last laser game, and..." she sighed. "I don't know. This is stupid."

"Whatever it is, it's important to you. So it's not stupid."

Catra's cheeks turned red. She kept her face turned perfectly to the road. "R-right. I just mean, I now realize I like having you around, I guess."

"I know. You're so obvious."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Sure." Adora smiled, clicking her nails against the dash. Her hands were stiff from the cold, so she pulled up her sleeve. After Catra turned the vehicle, Adora veered into town, passing a few stores in the street. They were mostly clothing shops, their displays hidden behind a frosty window. "Where are we going?"

"I was hoping you could tell me," Catra said. "I thought we could do something special, but I wasn't sure-"

"I have an idea," Adora said. She shoved her hands into her coat, shrugging. "How about the whispering woods?"

"In the middle of winter?"

"Yeah."

"Eh, why not?" Catra nodded her head towards her phone, and Adora typed in the address. Catra turned on the radio, Adele playing in the background-why was everyone so obsessed with Adele? First Glimmer, then Catra-ugh, it didn't matter. She was totally not hyper fixating on that OR her perfectionism.