26 -Sister to Sister

"The talk", though awkward, wasn't as bad as Adora had expected. Sure, some things didn't apply to her as a lesbian, but overall it was informative-and they googled whenever Adora had questions that Angela didn't know. She wanted to write notes, but didn't because Glimmer would never let her hear the end of it.

When it was over, they had one more thing to do. Adora and Glimmer both flopped on her bed, calling Bow. He picked up on the first ring.

For most of the conversation, Adora was silent. Surely, Bow and Glimmer forgot she was there.  But she didn't mind, not when their relationship had just become official. They both sounded relieved, having finally been able to tell Angella the truth. 

But eventually, Bow had to get back to eating-he was out for dinner, after all. When he hung up, Glimmer hugged Adora's pillow, and closed her eyes. "It's finally over."

"How do you feel?"

"Relieved."

"Well, good." They would have to do this all over again at school, but for now, they could relax. Forget homework; It was such a long day for the both of them, and they needed a break from math. Or, at least Adora did. 

Adora powered up her playstation. She logged into Glimmer's profile, selecting Just Dance to play.

Glimmer laughed. "No, not-"

"Come on." Adora shook her head, shutting Glimmer up. "You need something to get your mind off this. And besides, it's your only chance of beating me at something." At that, Glimmer raised an eyebrow, and Adora raised her hands. "What? You know how good I am at video games."

"Imma just ignore that comment cause I don't wanna compete with you. Why don't we try something different?" She didn't wait for Adora to nod, instead scrolling through Adora's game selection. Near the end of her pile was Minecraft. 

Glimmer grabbed her spare controller and powered it up. There was a gleam in her eyes as she picked out their old profile-it was two years old, barely touched in the past few months.

The background music played, and Adora sighed. Oh, this felt so nostalgic. Glimmer made a good choice. 

Glimmer gestured vaguely to the screen. "Seriously, you should start streaming shit like this. Imagine how many views you'd get."

"For what? Logging into Minecraft?"

"I don't know. Do a speedy or whatever?"

"A speed run?" Adora laughed. "Well, we'll see." It wasn't a terrible idea. She just never thought about it before. She was gaming anyway, and if all she needed was to record herself to get cash what was the harm? She was surprised, now that she thought of it, that Mermista and Seahawk hadn't thought of this for themselves. They certainly knew enough about true crime to do so. 

But then again, doing this was a lot of work, and it entailed a lot of free labor before they got paid. Cause, yeah, editing and researching were hard, and there was no guarantee people would want to sponsor them, or that they would get popular.

That all sounded extremely stressful, now that she thought about it. 

Adora shook her head. "Not while I'm in precalc."

"Fair enough," she said. "But you should consider it. Seriously. I started my Instagram account off and on when I was really young, just to connect with people who liked the same things as me. And then I started getting sponsorships, and eventually, I didn't need to worry about having a job."

Adora scratched her head, some stray hairs falling out of her poofy ponytail. "Didn't you work at the zoo last summer?"

"Well, yeah, but that was for job experience, not for the money." She shrugged. "Though I did make a lot of money that summer. It'll pay well for cosmetology school."