2- Bonding

Adora didn't know what to wear.

She was worried about asking Glimmer her opinion, lest a shopping spree ensue. Still, a part of her wondered...what was appropriate to wear for a first date? A dress seemed too fancy for a game she was probably going to beat her partner at, and besides, she didn't want to be restricted in mobility while fighting her.

Adora didn't have much of a wardrobe, but when Glimmer caught her searching for shirts, Glimmer offered hers. Adora still wasn't used to living with Glimmer, even if she'd been adopted into the Brightmoon family for about three years now.

Adora had clothes, sure, but it was way more bare than Glimmer's ever was.

While Adora picked through her closet, Glimmer sorted her shirts. It was too heavy for her lap, so instead they sprawled out on Adora's bed.

Adora chose a camo top. "This will do-"

"No! That so...casual."

"But..." she sighed. it was comfy. The shirt slipped out of Adora's grasp, and she knelt, ripping apart her dresser. Clothes lay scattered on the laminate flooring, in no particular order. She glanced towards Glimmer, asking, "What do you have in mind, then?"

She rifled through her jewelry box, a mixture of gold and silver in her hands. She offered necklaces, even earrings, but Adora declined. They were all too elaborate. It felt like she would be graduating.

"Why are you stressing out?" Glimmer glanced at herself through the mirror. "I get why I am doing this, but why you?"

Glimmer was dressed up. She had a pencil skirt adorned in sequins. They reflected off the light, so everytime she moved, circular sparkles shone off the walls and ceiling.

Her gaze floated back to the shirt. She felt the fabric, soft to her touch. "I...This is my first date, and I don't even know the person-"

Glimmer wrapped her arms around Adora. "Hey...hey, you don't have to be nervous...she won't care about clothes. I promise."

"Oh okay." She decided on apink sweater to slide overtop her shirt, and grinned. "I'm so gonna win laser tag.

"Hey, this isn't about winning."

"It's about having fun?"

"Yeah, and taking the pressure off of both of our dates-"

"Does that mean I have to lose on purpose for her?" As soon as she said it, she couldn't shake the dread. "Oh, great, she's not really into laser tag, is she? If I get to excited about it, and scare her away, this will be my fault-"

"No," Glimmer said, but it didn't shake the feeling that Adora had to lose on her date. "It wouldn't be fair, especially since she won't be winning. I'm getting payback for you interrupting me and Bows make out sesh." Glimmer nudged Adora's arm, giggling.

"You did it to yourself!" Adora shook her head. "It's not like I knew you were dating."

She chuckled, which relieved Adora a little. She was sure she'd feel guilty otherwise. Glimmer smiled. "I'm so glad you moved in."

"Me too." Adoras gaze plummeted. "I'm lucky you're my sister, Glimmer."

"No, I'm lucky, that we don't have to share a room." She scooped up Adoras clothes, and pushed them into her wardrobe. It wasn't hard, since she hardly had anything there. After dramatically checking her phone (which was, of course, covered in purple rhinestones), Glimmer pushed the door open. It creaked as Glimmer made her way out the door. "Come on! Bow's waiting."