Chapter 2: A unknown call

The Next Day...

The pups were still sleeping by the time it hits new dawn of morning, however the citizens of Adventure Bay started to wake up and do the things they often do in the morning. After some time the first pup to wake up is Chase, Chase would yawn while he started to stretch out his back for a few seconds. After that he would stand up then look at the sleeping pups around him, he would smile at this then look towards Zuma who was still sleeping but Chase would shake Zuma's body to the point where the chocolate labrador would wake up saying.

"H-huh?-" Zuma said as he opened his eyes and saw a German Shepherd woke him up so he would sigh at first then yawn "why you woke me up dude?" Zuma asked as he stretched himself then stood up to face face with a tired look.

"Our morning routine, remember?" Chase said to Zuma with a raised left eyebrow with a tone of telling someone to remember what they may have forgotten.

Zuma rolled his eyes playful and would chuckle at what Chase have said to him "I know dude I was just playing with ya!" Zuma said with a smile as a yawned for a bit.

Chase couldn't help but chuckled towards Zuma's answer "yeah yeah, now let's start with our morning runs around the lookout" Chase said as he started walking towards the lookout's entrance with Zuma beside him.

When the two pups got in their running stance and Chase counting down from 3 they both ran around the lookout with Chase taking the lead and Zuma right behind him. Chase would look behind him then started to tease Zuma a bit which made him smile at this then would start picking up the pace, this made Chase smile as well as both of the pups would be seen running around the lookout at the same pace. After a few minutes of running around the lookout the two pups would stop to take a break for a few minutes until they went back inside the lookout and sat on their beanbags. They decided to wait for the rest of the pups to wake up as they heard the elevator ding and when they look towards the elevator they saw Ryder which made their tail wagged.

"Hey pups, it seems like only you two are awake this early" Ryder said with a smile on his face as he walked over to them. He would then pat their heads which made the two pups smile towards this.

"Mhm! We're just waiting on the rest to wake up Ryder sir!" Chase said proudly with a smile and his tail wagging a bit.

"Well you two have to wake them up so y'all can eat breakfast" Ryder said as he stop patting them then walked towards their bowls then starts placing them down on the floor while grabbing a bag of dog kibble.

Chase and Zuma would look at each other then nodded their head towards each other as Chase went to wake up Skye and Marshall while Zuma goes to wake up Rocky and Rubble. Zuma went up to Rubble first then put his left paw on the bulldog as he started to shake him from left to right over and over again. Zuma kept on doing this to the point where Rubble finally woke up with a groan and a yawn.

"What do you want Zuma?" Rubble asked with tiredness in his tone as he slowly use his left paw to rub his eyes.

"Breakfast" Zuma said with a smirk as he lifted up his right eyebrow knowing what Rubble was gonna say next.

"BREAKFAST!" Rubble shouted out as he got up and ran to where Ryder was, leaving the chocolate labrador chuckled at this and went to wake up Rocky. Chase already woke up Marshall and talked with him for 2 minutes until Marshall went to get his breakfast, the last pup Chase have to wake up is Skye.

"Hey..wake up" Chase said gently with a whisper as he nudge the small cockapoo 4 times, when he lean back to put his head up he would see Skye moving around a bit before yawning quietly and lifting her head up then slowly opening her eyes.