Chapter 42: Adventure City Mission, Getting rid of the biggest threat (pt.4)

When the pup blinked on accident due to the bright light, he didn't see the man anymore; making the pup shock and scanned around the room. He looked behind him to see Jaiden, moving his arm back to deliver a punch.

        "You gotta be faster than that!" Jaiden shouted before throwing his fist at the pup with sudden speed. Chase gasped before turning himself blue and dashed back. Jaiden's fist made contact with the stone floor and implanted a fist-size crater. The pup slammed himself against the wall, making him yelp a bit before shaking his head and looking back at man.

Jaiden's body is covered in green aura with his eyes emitting it along with the item around his neck. He stared at the pup with a cocky expression, lifting himself up before stretching his arms up in the air.

"Now, wanna take it up a notch?" Jaiden asked him. His body going back and forward, showcasing his speed by having the pup see three figures of himself. "I've heard how you were the organization's fastest. Let's test that!"

Jaiden bend his knees down and darted towards him. He's body fading, shocking Chase more as he started looking around the room.

Where did he went?! He thought in his head as he keeps scanning around the room. In an instant. The pup felt a sharp pain in the left side of his head, gesturing his head back a bit before his whole body got flung across the room. His body hitting against the wall and before he would make impact with the floor. Jaiden caught him by the throat and pinned him against the wall with one hand.

"You know, I always wondered why someone like my father would want you." Jaiden began speaking with a nonchalant look. His grip tighten around his neck — the pup gasped for air by the tighten grip. Then the pup would cover his whole body in lightning, making Jaiden lose his grip and back away from the pup.

Chase fell on the ground, gasping for air and coughed a few times. Finally he caught his breath and stare daggers at the man. Jaiden noticed the glare but only smile mischievously, putting his hands on the back of his head with his arms raised near his head.

"Woah! Why are you so mad? Was it because I used to mess with you and your team or something?" Jaiden joked then duck down when Chase charged at him but missed.

"Bro! Did you forget! Hit me once or twice, I'll be untouchable!" Jaiden shouted with a grin.

Chase landed on the ground and slide a bit against the ground, turning his body around to face him. The pup bare his teeth with his ears moving back, the man stared at him with the same grin as the gemstone around his neck turned red.

This made the pup gasped, from seeing the gemstone turn red, and immediately aimed and shot out a thunderbolt directly at him. Jaiden got shocked at the sudden attack. Turned his gemstone green and dashed away to the side, dodging it without no fail.

The pup covered himself in lightning once again. Jaiden smiled at this and laughed it off. "Oh come on, Chase. How many times are you gonna do that? When you were with us, you stayed in that form until the mission was done." Jaiden remarked.

Chase responded by baring his canines at the man. But what he said wasn't wrong, he has been getting rusty since he left. And he knows it. Can I even protect my team.. He thought in his head. Jaiden saw this as an opportunity and dashed forward at the pup.

Before Chase could come back to reality, he got kicked in the stomach and got flung towards the wall again.
Jaiden rushed over to the flying pup and caught him by his left hind leg before his head could hit the wall. The man smiled crazily then with a big swing of his arm, slammed the pup on the ground. Loud thud erupted from the ground the pup made contact with it.