Chapter 26: Bonding Time

The pups were walking around and showing their new members around the safe haven, that includes a open tent where Mr. Porter is serving breakfast to everyone. The man place down 25 plates full with six pieces of bacon for the pups and took out some cat food for the cats.

Chase got in front of the blue plate and started eating, along with the rest of his team and secondary members. The new members of the paw patrol were going to sit down but they saw 11 more black plates that are wasn't touch yet.

They were confuse and wonder if the paw patrol have more members coming. Chase poke his head up and noticed they weren't eating.

"Hey, aren't you guys going to eat?" Chase asked.

The pups gasped to what they just heard, them eating right away? With nobody to tell them when to eat. It just made them confuse more and wonder if the bacons are poison.

"Don't worry, you can trust Mr. Porter. He makes the best food and desserts." Chase smiled and went back to eating.

The new members look at each other before hesitantly walking up to their plates and eating a piece of bacon. All of them got stars in their eyes when they realize how tasteful the bacon is, they started chowing down on it.

Ryder saw this while walking up to the tent to receive some breakfast. He smiled and walk into the sent to see Mr. Porter putting out another plate for him.

"Thanks Mr. Porter, I also want to thank you for giving them their breakfast too." Ryder shows his appreciation.

"Haha, you're welcome Ryder. So they will be the newest members of your team, right?" Mr. Porter asked and gave another plate to one of the kids.

"Yep! I'm just showing them they can trust us...I don't know what they went through in that organization." Ryder sighed and ate a piece of bacon before eating the shamble eggs.

"I hear ya, no pup should have to go through that. We should thank you for telling us this." Mr. Porter sat down with his own plate and slice up the pancakes.

"Well you're welcome. Hey, where's Farmer Al and Yumi?" Ryder asked.

"I think they're setting up a small farm for their animals. Why?"

"Oh nothing, just asking."

Ryder walked away after their conversation and turn to his right to see the power pups talking with his team. He smiled again then walk over to them with a wave.

"Hey pups, enjoying your food?" Ryder asked them and rubbed Chase's head.

"Yes Ryder!" They answered back but not the rest.

"Oh that's good. And you guys?" Ryder asked the rest of them and bent his knees down in front of them.

They turn their head but Noon, still eating her bacon, poke her head up and say.

"This taste amazing! Do you guys always eat this?" Noon asked with a smile on her face.

"Of course! We eat stuff like this all the time, I even give them puppy pops when it's too hot out."

"What's puppy pops?" Noon asked and everyone around them gasped.

They look around with confusion and wonder what she said was offensive to them. Ryder look at them and turn his head to Chase and Zuma, wondering if they were joking.

"Oh yeah- they never feed us stuff like that or bacon. I think they always feed us slob." Chase told him and Midnight nodded like the rest.

Ryder look back at them and stood up quickly with his hands around his mouth to indicate a microphone and shouted.

"DOES ANYONE HAVE PUPPY POPS!"

"I do! I'll get them right away" Katie stand up and runs off.

"Uhm, is it that serious to not know what those are?" Zelda asked.

"Apparently, yeah." Chase nodded and pick up his plate.

He walked over to the bin with a plate and soap picture on the side of it. Chase placed the plate down in it as the rest did the same including the cats.

Katie came back with two boxes of puppy pops for them and set eleven of them down in the ground with sticks. They observe them and found them to look weird but this time Midnight decided to lick it and got excited.

She started licking it more, loving how it taste; the rest saw this and did the same, of course, they were the same like Midnight and liked the taste. Warren and Warden suddenly bit into it then chew down on it.

Ryder and the rest giggle at the sight, the young boy rubbed Midnight's head and she was shocked. She backed away fast thinking he was going to hit her.

Ryder backed his hand away when seeing her reaction, he saw how she look when Ryder place a hand on her head. He realize he went too far and overstepped their boundaries and apologized.

Midnight slowly walk back up to the puppy pop and kept licking on it again. Ryder saw Mayor Goodway walking up to them so he decided to walk to her.

"Hello Ryder, how are the new members?" She asked while holding a empty plate.

"They're doing good, they just finish eating their breakfast and now eating puppy pops. Seems like they never had those before." Ryder answered and crossed his arms.

"Oh really? I'm glad you gave them those. Every pup should know those treats." Mayor Goodway walked up to the same bin the pups put their plate and placed hers down.

"You should thank Katie, she's the one who brought them along." Ryder pointed out.

"I'll remember to do that. Say Ryder, how long do we have to stay here?" She asked.

"Uhm...I don't know, I think we have to ask Leon? But if I'm guessing, probably when the bad guys are taken down." Ryder told her with his finger on his chin.

"Well, I hope they get taken down sooner or later. We will have to rebuild due to the destruction." She sighed.

Leon walk up to the two without them noticing until he spoke up. He scared both of them but soon they calmed down and wonder why he was here.

"Don't scare us like that! Aren't you supposed to protect us?" Mayor Goodway huffed.

"What do you need Leon?" Ryder asked.

"It's really important, it involves the whole paw patrol, I mean everyone." Leon told them.

Zuma was talking with Midnight and her siblings, they were teasing Midnight in her liking the Chocolate Labrador but he was confuse on what was happening and sat next to her. Before he could ask the blushing Golden Labrador what's wrong, he saw Ryder walking up to them.

"Okay paw patrol, we have a mission!"