Chapter 18: Relocation

The fire died down, sadly though it was already too late for them to save their town. All of the surrounding buildings were burned down and cover in black smoke. Marshall and Zuma went out to every far away places to make sure the buildings weren't on fire, sadly they were.

Paramedics were called to help any injured person that was hurt during the fire. Ryder instructed Chase, Wildcat and his team, Ella and Tuck, Al and Liberty to look around for anymore survivors.

Tracker and Skye were in the sky, telling their teammates where to go. Ryder and Rex was helping the paramedics get the people in the truck.

Chase was dashing through the neighborhood, he put himself to a stop and scan the area around him. He didn't see anybody else so he figured they got everyone.

The shepherd dashed away back to Ryder, after some time he made it back to him and stopped himself next to the boy.

Chase looked around as his ears went back. Hearing the cries of the children as they saw their home burnt down, broke his heart. He turned to Ryder, who just just noticed his pup near him.

"I'm sorry Ryder...I never thought this would happen-" Chase started but Ryder stopped him.

The boy got on one knee and rubbed Chase's head. This surprise the young pup as he thought Ryder would be mad at him and Zuma.

"Don't worry Chase, none of this is your fault. We just gotta...figure some things out." Ryder told his pup and stood up while stretching his head.

Leon walked up behind Ryder and patted his shoulder. The young boy look to his side to see the man holding a megaphone.

Leon hold the megaphone and spoke loudly so everyone could hear him. "If I can have all of your attention!" The townsfolk turned their head towards the man holding the megaphone.

"I know this is a dire situation for you all. But to keep you safe, we would have to relocate you to a different place so you won't be hurt." Leon said, immediately the grown-ups got up and argued.

"What do you mean leave! This is our hometown!"

"Yeah! We don't have to leave!"

"The Paw Patrol can help us!"

They all started shouted at Ryder to help them which caught him off guard. Skye and Tracker, who was still in the sky, saw all of this happening from above and gasped.

Chase ears went down as he saw the rage coming from the grownups. Leon was about to calm them down until he felt someone snatch his megaphone away.

"You ALL should be ASHAME of yourself!!"

The citizens shouting died down, everyone turned to see Mayor Goodway holding the megaphone now.

"Don't you dare yell at him! He is just a child! Yes, he does help around with his pups to help us but in this situation. We can at least help ourselves!" She stated and everyone looked at each other then Ryder.

"I know what you all going through! Everyone who lives here in our town understands what we're going through! Please rethink what you're doing and ask yourself, is this good for our children. To live here and rebuild again just for them to come back and burn it down again!"

The citizens look to their close ones and realize what they were doing. Skye landed her helicopter near Ryder as the rest of the crew pulled up next to them as well.

"So, instead of arguing with each other and trying to blame one another! Let's work together to protect OUR children." Mayor Goodway finished as they clapped and cheered for her.