Chapter 37: Arrival in Adventure City

6:45 PM

Hours have passed until the selected pups have to go on their mission. Chase was busy walking through the plan with Maggie, who was surprisingly, going on the mission with them. Zuma and Midnight are talking with each other about what they're going to do when he comes back from the mission, already having a ton of things they could do. Emily and Max are traveling with each other, like how they used to do back in the ward. Of course Emily won and bested Max in the fight like always, Emily helped the mix-breed up and had a few laughs.

Skye and Everest were talking with each other, their fur coats now clean and smoother than before thanks to Katie scrubbing them squeaky clean. Ryder pulled up in front of them with his ATV, turned it off and then got off of it while taking off his helmet and putting it on the handle. The pups stood up and smiled to see their leader, Ryder.

"Hi Ryder!" The pups greeted the boy.

"Hey pups. What are you doing out here?" Ryder greeted them back then asked a question while turning to face then with his eyes glued to the pup-pad.

"We were just talking and hoping to run into you." Everest spoke first.

"Really? You need something?" Ryder placed his pup-pad down on his ATV and gave them his full attention.

"Yeah. Is there anyway we can help?" Skye asked the boy.

"Huh? What do you mean Skye? You guys help enough with that mission weeks ago and help the folks around town." Ryder reminded them and lean against his ATV.

"I know but...it just feels like we're really not helping that much." Skye admitted and Everest agreed with her.

Ryder look at the two pups with the expression of not knowing what to say. He scratched the back of his head and thought So I wasn't the only one. The boy begin thinking what can Skye and Everest can possibly do. The boy looked around, and from a distance, he saw a pile of trees standing sideways and that perked his interest.

"Hold on. Do any of you know anything about those trees?" Ryder pointed out to the girls.

Skye and Everest had a confused look on their face but they turned their head in that direction, where Ryder point his finger to, and then they saw from a distance a pile of trees standing in a weird way. This made the pups go into their thought.

Skye thought about it then realized something, her and the pups never went down there nor did they even knew about it. Skye shook her head to Ryder's question, not knowing. Everest too shook her head as well, not knowing about those group of trees either.

The boy looked at the trees again and rub his chin with an thinking expression on his face. Ryder then thought of an idea that would make the pups happy, knowing they help out as much as they could.

"Hey guys" Ryder got down on one knee to have more of their attention. "You two think you can find Rubble and Rocky then asked them to get their vehicle?" The boy asked.

"Yeah but what are we going to do?" Skye asked her leader, wondering what he's thinking.

Ryder smiled at them and soon got up while dusting his pants off. "Ever since Adventure Bay has been destroyed by this group we're fighting against. You know how they decided to build their new town here?" Ryder asked the two.