Chapter 25: New Teammates

After the fight was done and Chase was declare the winner. While the medics are checking up on the former alpha team while Midnight apologize to them many times, even when they said she doesn't have to. Oh the other hand, Chase got scolded by Ryder about how dangerous it was to fight them. It did take some minutes for Ryder to cool down and went to talk with Leon after Chase apologized.

Skye nudged Chase to get his attention and when he move his head down. He saw how Skye has a worry look on her face, Chase put his paw up and rubbed her head.

"I'm sorry I had you worried, Skye." Chase apologized and smile.

Skye didn't say anything and turn her head away; hiding her blush away from him. Everest saw this and giggled as Skye looked away from her too, embarrassed.

"Yo dude, I knew you could do it." Zuma raised his left paw to receive a high-paw.

Chase did the same and gave Zuma a high-paw, Marshall was looking at the pups getting treated before looking back at them.

"Seeing how you won...they're working with us now, right?" Marshall asked.

"Mhm, just like I've told you." Chase smiled.

"I know I didn't mention this before but uhm, do you really think we can trust them?" Everest mentioned.

"What do you mean?" Chase asked.

"Like, how are we even supposed to trust them? I know your plan worked but what if they go back against it?" Rocky added to what Everest said.

"Oh yeah, he's got you there dude." Zuma chuckled.

"Yeah yeah, be quiet Zuma. Well Rocky, for what you didn't know, they made us stick with this oath where somebody beats a team and their leader. Then the winner will be the new leader, that's how they taught us." Chase explained it to them.

"Really? A oath can make them stay loyal?" Rubble asked.

"Yes, it's actually surprising if you think about it."

They kept on talking unlit the group of pups including Midnight and her siblings walk up to the paw patrol. Chase turn around with the rest, all of them making eye contact.

"Hi Midnight!" Zuma waved, causing her face to turn face before covering it up.

"These are the guys we're supposed to be working with? Pathetic." Warren muttered but loud enough for them to hear.

"Hey! Knock it off!" Zuma shouted and got in Warren's face.

Both of them begin growling at each other before Midnight got between them. Zuma kept growling but soon stop including Warren. Midnight turn to face Warren and say.

"Warren, what you said was really out of line. Apologize to them." Midnight ordered.

"Why should I? Even though Chase did beat us and we have to listen to him now. That doesn't mean I have to be nice with the pups who don't even have powers. They'll be a burden to us." Warren barked but then got pinned to the ground by Chase.

The pups gasped including Wolf and other people in suits turn around when they heard a loud thud. Chase growl at the husky with his teeth showing, for once, Warren ears got pinned back and suddenly got scared.

"Chase, I think that's enough..." Marshall told him with his paw on Chase's shoulder.

The German Shepherd calm himself and realize what he was doing, very soon he got off of the scared husky who was frozen by fear. Ryder and Leon walk up to them, the man was the first to ask what happened.

"I apologize for what I've done. Warren said something about my team so I just...lash out. I didn't hurt him though-" Chase apologize to them.

Leon sighed at this while Ryder bend his knee to rub Chase head which shock the former alpha team.

"I knew this was a bad idea, we should just keep them lock up." Leon spoke up.

They gasped and some of them growl while the rest pinned their ears back. Ryder stepped in between them with his hands in front of them.

"Woah! Or how about we let them and my team to hangout with one and another?" Ryder suggested.

Leon look at the boy for a few minutes before he place a finger on his chin and begin thinking about what Ryder said. The pups were again surprise about what Ryder did, not only did he rubbed Chase head which they never saw. He also defended them and came up with another solution.

It took some time to think about the suggestion before Leon gave them his answer. "Fine, but if anything else happens and you they are involve in it; I will hold them responsible."

"Thank you." Ryder put his arms down and watch as Leon walk away. Warren was to first to ask questions before anyone else could but surprisingly was beaten to it.

"Why did you protect us? You could've let me him put us back in our cages.." Midnight asked.

Ryder turn his head towards her when he heard her question. He scratch the back of his head, thinking about what to say before opening his mouth. When he came up with it, Ryder face then before saying.

"Even though you guys did cause some trouble. You actually never hurt nobody, including me and my team. Apart from Chase and Zuma." Ryder explained with his hand still on the back of his head.

"Now that you mention it, they really did cause no problem. Except stopping the festival and putting us in that ice dome." Rubble mentioned.

"Also do you guys really want to go back in cages?" Everest asked and no one spoke.

"So the only way to convince him was to tell him that you will be hanging out with the paw patrol!" Ryder smiled.

"Hmm, that was a good idea Ryder, don't worry. I won't say a thing" Wolf told them.

The former alpha team were shocked, even after what they did to them. Ryder and the pups were still being nice to them, Warren decided to speak up saying.

"Why are you being this nice to us? We burn your town down, remember?"

"Well dude that really wasn't you. It was somebody in that aircraft we saw before...you know." Zuma told them.

"Then it's settled, just don't cause any trouble for anyone. Okay?" Ryder asked Midnight and her former team.

They all look at each other for a minute before looking back and nodding at Ryder, agreeing with him. Ryder just smiled and waved goodbye to his pups, and their new teammates. He walked away and when he was out of few, all the pups look at each other.

With them having to bond with each other, surely nothing would happen and everything will go fine. Right?