Chapter Seventy-Five

Emily refolded the paper and put it in her shorts pocket before she grabbed her own sandwich and took a bite. "I'm sure he will. Now we just need to think of a theme to announce to everyone that there's going to be a mini-Captain America."

"Alright then, what about a Captain America theme? Steve used to sell war bonds, so we could do little posters themed like that." James suggested.

"Oh! We could have a raffle as if we're selling the bonds. One would say boy and the other say girl. What do you think?" she suggested.

"I think that's a great idea. Everyone can make their bets that way." James agreed. "But how to actually reveal the gender?"

Emily frowned as she finished one half of her sandwich. "I'm not really sure, honestly. That's where I'm a bit stumped. A lot of people use a cake, but I don't know what to do."

"In Steve's little war bond shows, he would always punch Hitler in the chin. It was the biggest selling point. So, we make a little Hitler thing and fill it with pink or blue powder?" James suggested.

"Eh... I don't know if Hitler would be the best choice," she chuckled. After finishing her sandwich, Emily moved to lay down and rest her head in James' lap. "Is this okay?" she asked quietly.

"I don't mind." James answered, though he rather enjoyed it. "Alright, maybe not." He laughed in agreement. "Maybe Stark can do some color changing thing to his shield?"

Emily's face lit up at the thought. "I like that idea. It can be solid white until splashed with water or something to reveal the color."

James nodded and finished his sandwich. "Or we could have Stark light up the entire tower. Let the world know the gender."

"I like that, but I'm not sure Mary and Steve would. That would be a lot of new media coming their way." She looked up at him, playing with his fingers, since he'd laid one hand across her stomach.

"Stark can keep that down. He's been hard at work doing it already." James told Emily. "I guess it's all over the internet now."

"How would it be?" Emily asked. "Steve didn't tell Tony that long ago."

"You would have to ask Stark about that. I only catch little bits and pieces." James said truthfully.

Emily nodded as she reached up and slowly ran her fingers along the side of his face. "I will at some point."

James leaned down and softly kissed Emily. "I'm glad I found you."

"I'm glad you found me too," she murmured in reply. Emily slowly ran her hand up and into his hair before pulling him back down for another kiss.

James hesitated, then wrapped his arms around Emily and pulled her up to sit on his lap. He then kissed her deeper and more passionately. Emily squeaked with laughter but quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

"Sorry, I guess you're hard to resist." James grinned, then kissed her again.

She smiled against his lips while running her thumbs along the sides of his neck. "I could say the same thing about you."

James took a deep breath to clear his head of his wandering thoughts. "You are beautiful inside and out."

Emily ducked her head and blushed. "All of this... feels so easy with you. I'm still scared, but not scared enough to walk away."

"I promise I won't ever try to pressure you into anything." James said truthfully.

"I know you won't," she said softly. "I trust you, James."