Chapter Seven

Emily rode the elevator up to the floor of Tony's office, then knocked before she entered.

"You don't need to knock Emily, just come in." Tony called out from where he was seated at his desk.

She opened the door, then shut it behind her. "Good afternoon," she said with a smile.

"Well, it was good." Tony sighed. "I was sent some reports from the doctor and some treatment options that we need to discuss." He told her, motioning for her to have a seat.

Emily nodded and walked up to his desk and took a seat across from him. "What is it Tony? Will he be able to recover?"

"Part of the problem is that wound in his side, the muscle that runs through there is well... more or less destroyed. The doc wants to do an MRI to see how bad the damage is. Do you think you can sedate him without incident?" Tony asked her.

"I might be able to talk him into doing the MRI without anything. He doesn't like being sedated," she replied. "While I was with you last night, he had a nightmare and swears people attacked him and hurt his side again. He's lucky he didn't bust any sutures, but he's okay."

Tony nodded. "I already watched the footage. The nurses tried to help but he was disoriented. If he won't agree to the scans, can you sedate him?" He asked her again.

Emily bit her lip. "Only if it's absolutely necessary. I didn't put a new IV in his arm because I don't want him to reinjure himself."

"He needs a new line regardless. It's the easiest way to control his medication and keep him hydrated." Tony explained to her.

"If I have to, I'll put in another one. But he's had pain pills recently and is currently sleeping," she explained. "What are you looking for in the new MRI? He's already had one."

"The doc said he needs a new line." Tony reiterated. "The MRI is to determine the level of muscle damage. The previous scan was to mostly check his overall internal damage. If the damage affects his leg, it will change how soon he can start trying to walk." Tony explained.

Emily nodded. "I'll put in a new line when the other meds are wearing off and he's awake."

"Good. His MRI is scheduled for five tonight. He will need to be ready by then." Tony replied. "Good job with the sauce, his face was priceless." He chuckled.

"You were watching?" Emily questioned, her eyes narrowed. "It was an accident. I didn't expect him to drink it." She sighed and quickly pulled her hair into a bun out of stress. "Let Loki sleep for now. I'll talk to him soon."

"I check in frequently given his threat level." Tony admitted without shame. "He can sleep for now, but he's expected to be ready on time. His entire treatment depends on it."

Emily looked down and checked her phone for the time. "It's only one now, he can sleep for a while. The medicine will hopefully be out of his system enough before a new IV is put in." She let out a soft sigh, then put her phone on the edge of his desk. "How has your day been?"

"Other than watching the soy sauce, it's been long and stressful. How do you feel about quick blowjobs?" He asked her, being completely serious.

She rolled her eyes at him, but stood to walk around the desk and boldly sat in his lap. "I don't know about blowjobs, but I can make out with the best of them."

"Have you ever tried it before? It's very simple." Tony smirked, holding her hips.

"I have, but I'm not good at them," Emily admitted softly, then leaned down to capture his lips. "I've missed you today."