Tears.

She woke up the next morning, cuddled in Ian's arms exactly like Joven did it.
"Destiny, I thought you were engaged."
"Oh shush Anthony." He didn't look the same. He looked sad. "What happened?" I asked, and I very quickly learned it was my worst mistake. "m-m Me and Kalel broke up." He started to cry. "Oh Anthony." I hugged him. He was so fragile. There was a knock on the door.

It was Melanie. Ian woke up, looking concerned. "Can I talk to you?" She asked, and they went into the office. She came out 10 minutes later, makeup wrecked, crying. A German Shepard came out, tail between its legs. It came up to me and sat on my lap and whimpered.

I started to cry as well, and Anthony held me closer. The doorbell rang, and I answered it. It was the games crew.

I saw them and I cried even harder. I put my head on my hand and somehow said, "i-Is it alright if you guys come back later?" I started to cry hysterically, and Joven came up and hugged me.
"Can I text you later guys?" I said, calming down. "Sure, remember we're always here if you need us."

I slammed the door shut and fell to the floor. I used to have a boyfriend called Jake, and he cheated on me. My 'parents' never knew so I couldn't cry. Or heal. "Why are you crying?" Anthony asked me. "I used to have a boyfriend." "I found him sleeping with another girl." "My 'parents' never knew." "So I've never cried or anything."

"Let's go and check on Ian." Anthony suggested. We opened his door and he was no where to be seen. He searched the house over until we heard a sob from the bathroom.

There he was, clothes still on, in the bath, tap running cold. "Ian!" He looked up at me. He looked defeated.
His eyes were red. He was saturated and shivering. I turned off the tap and unplugged the drain.

"Ian, you need to get up." "No." "IAN HECOX, GET UP NOW!" He got up, and hugged me. "I'm... I started but
he understood. "My mom used to do that when I was sad as a kid." "It wasn't until now that I realised that it's better to do that."

My clothes were saturated, but I didn't care. For the next two months, I was practically their mother. Things were said like: "Eat your dinner. It took me forever."

"Ian, you haven't showered in like 5 days." "I'm missing out on vital funds because of you." "Don't forget, things always get better." One day the whole crew came unexpectedly.

I had rings on my eyes, I still hadn't cleaned up my makeup, and the guys had red eyes and headaches. And I hadn't showered yet. Daisy was sleeping, with a full stomach from the recent serving of dog food. At least she was sleeping.

They stared. "What happened?" Lasercorn asked, and I struggled out, "Their girlfriends broke up with them, and I'm dealing with a broken heart from a cheater of a ex boyfriend." Mari came and hugged me, and everyone else started helping around the place. Washing dishes, cleaning things, buying more tissues, making drinks.
All the things I'd done for so long.

"You should get some sleep." Joven said, and he carried me to my room.
"Sleep until you aren't tired anymore."
"What about Ian and Anthony?" "Let that be our job." I woke up about
10, and felt like Sonic. I decided I would go to work, and I had been getting paid parental leave.
I ended up working for the next week, and that was good. They took care of them while I was at work, and when I came home, they would go home and sleep.

I came home one day, and Kalel and Melanie were there, at the front door. They had been good for a while, so they went in. Ian and Anthony looked up, and they just stared. A whimper was heard. Anthony. Then Ian. Then Kalel. Then Melanie. The girls left when the guys started to cry again. I felt like dying. They were just healing themselves, and now this. I got changed. "Anthony, you need to be strong now." "You can't cry anymore."
Ian, same for you." "Oh no, I thought, I'm becoming my 'parents'!" "I understand it's hard, but you have to..." I looked down at Anthony's wrists. They were cut.

ANTHONY PADILLA! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE NOW, AND GET SOME DAMN AIR! THE CREW AND I HAVE TRIED TO MAKE IT BETTER, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! I MIGHT AS WELL PACK UP AND LEAVE! ITS NOT GOING TO DO MUCH!

He uttered his first words in a while.
"Don't go." They were having abandonment issues. "Please don't go." Ian muttered, and now I knew what to do. "When you go, we feel lonely. We want you. We don't want the games crew. We want YOU."

The words flew through my head, and landed on my heart. I'm sorry guys, let's watch a movie or something. Together. They smiled. We watched so many movies, and ate so much popcorn and utter junk, that we couldn't move.

Their headaches cleared, and their eyes were less red. WAY less red. Almost normal. They were returning to the Happy Go Lucky people I used to know. We read supportive YouTube comments and played Dare or Double Dare.

These are the people I used to know, I thought, as we watched Hunger Games for the hundredth time. I had one on each side of me, and I've never felt more appreciated than ever until today.