Happy Birthday?

Destiny's POV

They returned around 10, but I didn't care. I had dinner, and was about to go to bed, when they came in. "Hey!" Ian called, as I was heading down the corridor. "Yeah?" I said, backing up.

"You alright?" Anthony said, I must have had a sad look on my face. "Yeah fine!" I said, with a cheery tone to my voice. "What did you do while we were gone?" Ian asked, kinda creepily. "Umm, I went around applying for jobs, got one new pair of pj's and bought some groceries." Noticed we were short." I added. "Oh yeah, and dinner is in the oven."

They looked at me, and then exclaimed a massive THANKS with a side of group hug. I put one arm around each one, and said, "No problem guys!" They rushed like a pack of wild dogs to the oven, and opened the door so violently, I swore they would've pulled it off the hinges.

It contained a giant medium rare steak and creamy mashed potato and a side of peas and corn. "Thanks, Ian started but I was gone. I was sitting on my bed. No one ever said thanks to me before, like never. I got in under the sheets and my eyes drooped shut.

Ian's POV
Destiny cooked us dinner?! I thought as I ripped open the oven door. It looked so good, mainly because we had to skip lunch. I was getting cutlery when I noticed a pink sticky note out of the corner of my eye. Look in the cupboard. It read. Later, I thought, I'm starving!

We finished eating and I told Anthony about the thing in the cupboard. What if it's more food?! Anthony half screamed and he rushed to the cupboard and pulled out two brown paper bags.

He threw it at me and I nearly didn't catch it. "Man, look!" He said and showed me the contents. It was a glazed twist with cinnamon sugar.
I opened my bag and in it was a pink sprinkled frosted donut,

With yet another sticky note. It read: See if you can save it until Food Battle! "Nope!" I said under my breath, and started wolfing down the pink sprinkled goodness. We watched one episode of The Walking Dead on Netflix, and then to bed.
One week later...

Anthony's POV
I know Destiny gets up at like, 9am, so I decided to return the favour. By cooking her and Ian pancakes! I got everything ready and started to cook them.

Destiny's POV
I woke up the smoke alarm. That noise always scared me. My 'parents' used to put it on just to tease me and get their 'Daily Laugh', as they used to call it.

I ran out and Anthony was fanning the Smoke Alarm. "Anthony, I half yelled, WHAT have you done? I said as I scrambled around putting the smoke source in the bin and opening windows and washing pans.

After about 5 minutes it was all under control, and I coughed as the last bit of smoke went out the window. He looked a bit embarrassed, and he also looked kind of shocked. "Hey!" I said and he snapped out of whatever he was thinking about and looked at me. "Yeah?"

"Anthony, everyone makes mistakes." I said, as I started the pancake mix all over again. "It was supposed to be a surprise." He said quietly. "Well, there's always a next time." I said sympathetically, and hugged him. I checked my IPad, and it said 8:55. "You didn't get me up to early."

Ian walked out of his bedroom, his bowl on his head not looking to bowly. "What happened?" he asked, as the smell of maple syrup and caramel topping filled the air. "Just cooking pancakes." I said, covering up for Anthony's mistake. "I might go and check the mail." Anthony said, after a relief from Ian's glares.

Ian sat down and sighed. "When will you get that hair of yours cut?" Ian asked, even though it was nowhere near the hot frypan. "You know long hair doesn't look good on brunettes."
"Are you dropping a hint?" "No." He said, realising he had been caught in the middle of his act.

Anthony came back in. "Destiny, it's for you." Oh, ok." "Ian, could you watch these pancakes?" Ian got up but clearly was unwilling.

Anthony's POV
Destiny ran into her room. It wasn't very long before we heard an excited scream. We looked at each other and smiled. "What's that all about?" I asked Ian, but he never replied. "Ian, Ian, IAN!" "What?" He asked, flipping a pancake. "Wonder what that was all about?" "I dunno!"

Destiny's POV
I couldn't believe it. I was a Starbucks Barista as of tomorrow. The letter read:

Dear Destiny,
Your application was approved, and you are the next Starbucks Coffee Barista! You start tomorrow and will be given your uniform on the day. Thanks for choosing Starbucks!
Sincerely, Management

I ran out of my room. I couldn't believe it. I'd waited a week for this. "Read this!" I half screamed as Anthony took it out of my hand. I returned to pancake making duty and Ian went and read it. They were both speechless.

"Do you know what time you have to be there?" Ian asked. "Be there by 10am, there's a bit behind the first bit that explains everything." I said, too excited to think.

As we are our pancakes, Ian and Anthony asked me weird stuff, like, "when's your birthday?" And "how did you used to celebrate it?" "I replied awkwardly, "It's a week away and I used to cook myself a cupcake and eat that." "That's it?!"

Ian half screamed, but at the same time, trying not to spit out any of the pancake. "Yep, that's it."

****Next day*****
I managed to sneak out of the house without waking anyone up. When I got there, I was greeted by a lady called Melani. She stayed with me the whole day, teaching me how to use this and that, and what to say in different scenarios.

"You, she said at the end of the day, like all of us, finish at 5pm." You still come at 10, and I'm proud to say, you completed the Starbucks Training Course! "That's all?!" I asked. "Yep, that's all!" She said, handing me a Certificate to celebrate. "But Starbucks is open late, right?" "Yes, but like us, they have a 7 hour shift as well."

"Thanks for everything today." I said to her as she walked off. " It was nice meeting you too, Destiny!" "See you tomorrow!" I walked off into the setting sun, and before I knew it, I was home.
Ian and Anthony were sitting down doing a Lunchtime with Smosh.

"Look who's back!" Anthony said as I walked into the dining room/ living room/ kitchen. "The lastest Starbucks Coffee Barista!" Yayyyyy!" I called as they laughed.

"Sooooo, how was your day?" Ian asked, trying to impersonate a girl." "Fine, not too bad."I joked. Anthony and Ian started to chuckle.
"I see you guys have had your dinner." I was going to say more, but then they cut me off. "We only had waffles." Anthony said. I saw the waffle maker on the desk. It was still hot.

"Well, I was going to make pasta." I said, and Ian looked at me like he would love me forever if he got just one bite of that pasta. Anthony had that same look, and from then I knew that I was going to have to cook it. "At LEAST let me get changed."

END OF CHAPTER!!!