Near death

Destiny POV
I drove in the parking area and waited for Joven. He came in about 10 minutes later and he looked like he'd seen a car crash or something. "What happened?" I asked him, pulling him into a tight hug. "I nearly died. Stupid Lasercorn." I didn't ask anything more, I knew what happened.

We got inside and he flopped on the couch and sighed. I put my bag down and joined him. "Do you want a coffee or something?" I asked him, hoping he would answer. "Sure." I'd made his coffees long enough to know what he liked.

"Thanks." He said, almost snatching the coffee out of my hand. I sat back down and he put his arm around my shoulder. We watched Batman The Dark Knight Returns for a little while and then I got a text from Anthony.

'Ian needs help that only you can give him. Please come ASAP.' "Joven, Ian needs me, I'll come back I promise." He nodded and kissed me. "Good luck." I grabbed my car keys and my panic attack tablets. One left.

I quickly wrote on a sticky note: 'DONT forget more panic attack tablets!!!'
Then I ran out the door and sprinted to the car.

I got to Anthony's house and Ian was sitting on the couch. Fairly normal. He looked sad. He didn't say much, but he handed me a death certificate. His mum had died.

"Ian, how?" "Car crash." The frown was getting bigger with every word. "Ian, I don't know what to say." I pulled him into a hug and then we talked some more. "When we lost the baby, we went back to work after a while, remember? I'm sure the Games Crew will understand." He nodded and buried his head in his hoodie.

" I brought donuts." I said, holding out two pink frosted sprinkled donuts. "They're all yours." I put them in his lap and he looked at me and smiled.

We watched some Smosh videos and he actually laughed. "See why I loved you guys before I knew you very well?"

"What?" He said through a mouthful of pink sprinkled donut. "You know Ian, for quite a funny guy, you don't laugh very much. But when you do, it's the most contagious, carefree laugh and it's one of the best things about you."

He looked at me confused. "Think about it." I smiled and we continued on watching their videos.

Ian POV
I sat in bed thinking about what she said. "You know Ian, for quite a funny guy you don't laugh very much. But when you do, it's the most contagious, carefree laugh and it's one of the best things about you." I whispered to myself. I looked at a photo on the bedside table.

Me and Anthony and her at the beach smiling, her in her bikini, and were holding her like she was a queen.