The Hopeless Romantic

Destiny POV
"Anthony!" "Yeah?" "The paramedics said that he needed a constant 'watchdog', can you do that?" "Umm, I don't know." He checked his phone. "Sure, for how long?" "A couple of weeks or until he's not so like that."
"That's fine." "Awesome!" "See ya tomorrow!" I said, running back to Joven.

"Let's go home!" I said, walking towards the door, and Joven started following. "Wait up!" He yelled. I got in the car and laid back in the seat, but that required me slipping off the seat.

But I didn't care, I was exhausted. "Why are you doing that?" He laughed.
"Cause I can?" He smiled and got in the car and started the ignition.

I got a text from Lasercorn.
'Where are you woman? We've been waiting for a full hour!'

'Ian attempted suicide and I kinda got motherly instincts and drove over there to help him, and then I had a panic attack. Sorry.'

'What did Ian do? Is he still alive? Are you still alive?'

'Yes, I'm alive, and Ian is alive and staying with Anthony until he's alright again, but me and Joven are driving there right now, we promise.'

'Cool. See you soon.'

'See ya later Corny.'

'Really? Corny?'

'It's cute, go with it.'

'Fine. 😐'

'You like it, admit it!'

'Maybe, maybe not. 😈'

'Just answering your question, he attempted to cut/bleed himself to death.'

'What.the.hell?"

'I know right? Well, we're right outside the HQ, so I'll talk to you inside.'

'K, bye.'

We walked inside and Lasercorn was literally running down the corridor.
"Why the hell would he do that?" He asked, looking at my still blood stained hands. "Grace." "Grace? The slut?" "Yep." I laughed.

"I knew that wasn't going to last." "Everyone knew that, I mean come on, you could tell by that look on her face that she'd rather be in the salon than here or with Ian anywhere." He smiled.

"He's dated a few heartbreakers in his life, and top of it being sad in general, it sucks that he actually had feelings for her, and she knew that, so she played him like a symphony." Joven said, referencing that song.

"He's gotta be more careful. First it's Melanie and then this Grace girl." "It's like he was never meant to date at all." I added in, in the hope of ending the conversation altogether. "Well, he's a hopeless romantic, the poor guy, and when they fall in love with someone, they really fall in love with them." Lasercorn added, sharing some of his knowledge.

"What a sad state of mind to be in." I commented and Mari and Sohinki came rushing out. "What happened with Ian and killing himself?" Mari asked me. He's fine, Anthony is taking care of him." "I don't trust Anthony." Sohinki said and I stared him down. "So you're saying you could do a better job?"

He saw my anger and backed away. "No, forget I ever said that." I was still so angry. Ian and Anthony had been friends since high school, and they knew each other better than anyone else who had gotten to know them over the years, and Sohinki was saying that he could do a better job. In his dreams.