Not like Steve

(Dedicated to my real life best Friend sameoldlove . Check her out, she's amazing.)

What was I supposed to do? I ordered some food and didn't drink the second drink. I didn't want to lose Hope like we did the other time. It hurt to say it.
"Hope, I want to say I'm sorry, and I'll try not to do it again." I said to her as she was walking to the car with Destiny.

Her face. It lit up and it was happiest she's been in a long time. "You're not like Steve." She said. "I never want to be like him." I said as I hugged her. But instantly, I could feel the forcedness of this for her. Poor thing, I really mucked up here didn't I?

We got home about 1:30am, and Hope was nearly dead she was so tired. "We've enrolled you in school for Monday, so get your rest." Destiny said and she just nodded.

Hope POV
I couldn't believe I was actually going to school. Most kids hate it, but I dint care. I can get an education. The most important thing in the world.

Monday...
I had everything ready that night and got up about 7:30 and got ready. It was scary but I'd been through worse. Plus I was going back to the same school, and I had a BFF and a good friend.

But some new kids came, and that was alright. I made friends with them and they are doing alright for first yearers.
We had a school bully, and I hope this year we wouldn't bully me. But was only me left. He approached me and I walked into the girls bathroom.

"Don't think you can escape me runt." He said and I cringed. I hated that word. I ran out and looked him directly in the eye. Wrong thing to do. He pushed me to the ground, and when I was I on the ground, he kicked me in the stomach. "Stupid ugly girl." He said and ran off laughing. I groaned and my friends ran up to me.

"What happened?" She ran up to me. "Stupid Louis." (NOT 1D) she said and lifted me off the ground. I winced in pain and crouched over. "Don't tell anyone this." I said, and she nodded. Not yet. He came up to me again and she stood in front of me. "What are you doing?" She asked him, and he smirked.

He started for a punch, but she grabbed his wrist. "Not this time." She said and he ran off. "Thanks Bella." I said as I sat up straight. I finally could. I burst into tears and she wrapped her arms around me. "We'll get through this together." She said and pulled me closer. The teacher came up and offered to call my parents but I refused.

"My dog died." I said and he said sorry about the loss and continued in his yard duty.

I got sent to the office during French, and for once I was happy about it. "Apparently your auntie is picking you up today sweetie." She smiled and sent me back. The day continued on as normal, but when I was walking to get the car park, he pushed me over again.

"What did I tell you?" Bella said and ran after him as I got up. I brushed myself off and waited for her to come back. Which didn't take very long at all. She'd already pummelled him for me.

"How do I thank you?" I said and she smiled. "Just be yourself." She said and I smiled. "Thanks." I said and I saw Mari's car pull up. "Well, I see my car." We both said at the same time. We looked at each other and then brohugged. "See you tommorrow." I said and she nodded and walked off to her car.

"Is that your bestest girlfriend?" She asked me and I smiled. "Yeah, her name's Bella." "She seems like a nice girl." "She's one of the bestest friends I've ever had." I said and she smiled. "How cute." She said and put my bag in the back seat. "So, how was your day?" She asked me and I wanted to tell her what happened, but it didn't come out of my mouth. "It went pretty good actually, met my friends again, and met my teachers and stuff."

"Well, that's nice, let's get you home." She said, and as she pulled into the driveway, I saw Destiny rush inside. Mari walked me to the door and watched me go inside to make sure I was alright. I walked inside and Destiny and Joven were going through something, because there was boxes piled everywhere.

Things thrown everywhere, I've never seen anything like it. She ran out. "I found it!" She held up a Xbox controller and Joven ran up beside her with the other one and took a selfie.
"That one for Instagram?" I joked and he looked at me. "Good idea." He said and I rolled my eyes.