Goodbye, Home

"Gate 10 now open." That was the last time I would ever hear that call again. Part of me wanted to stay here, away from my horrid memories and struggles of past life. Start a new one.

I got a text. It was from Lasercorn. "When are you coming back?" "We miss you." I texted back: "We're hopping on the plane now." "Make it back in one piece, not pieces floating around around the ocean with a search crew looking for them." "That's extremely detailed dude!" "Just come back!" "Yes sir!"

My iPad cut out, and the wifi stopped. I frowned. I want more time than that! "What's wrong?" Joven asked, pulling me closer as to not lose me in the eager crowd. "Lasercorn texted me, but we got cut off halfway through our conversation." I put my iPad to Airplane mode and got on the plane.

My body was ready to leave and get back to the 'normal' time zone, but my heart wasn't. I wanted to see more of my home country than of my home for many years.

"Bye Australia!" I said as we took off. My heart tore into a thousand pieces, but I knew now was too late. Plus, I wanted to see everyone again, because I missed them more than anything else. They were my family.

We got a little gift for each of them, and I couldn't wait to see Lasercorn's face at the souvenir we got him.

Lasercorn was a rock and mineral collector, especially if they looked like things or meant something to him, like if it looked like the GTA symbol or something. This was going to be a special stone, because it was a unicorn shooting lasers out of its horn. We found the stone near Melbourne, because we went bush walking, and we got it carved especially for him.

It had some emerald and diamond and even some melted iron. It was the only stone shape he didn't have.

I used a sneaked text to ask Lasercorn: "so do you have that super precious stone yet?" "We found one in Australia and it was dirt cheap." "Apperantly, heaps of combos like this one just pop up out of the ground all the time." "It has a seal and everything."

I hit send and touched the still warm seal. It didn't smudge and it got better, because he texted back: "Did you get it?!" I replied back: "we were thinking about it, but..." I stopped. "Write more!" Joven said, trying not to laugh so hard. "We can't tease the poor thing too much." "Plus, people are going to look after a while." I pressed send.

He replied almost instantly, "BUT WHAT?!" I changed the font size and said, "Sorry, your messages have disconnected, please try again later."

He was probably crying on the other side of the world. "Can't wait to see his face when he realises that we did get it for him." Joven whispered, and it got dark outside. The lights changed to a dimmer lighting, and one yawn after the other, people fell asleep.

We kissed each other good night and fell asleep. We woke to a brighter, ruder awakening light, and the rest of the plane was doing the same.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to land, please fasten your seatbelts."
"Yay!" We heard a kid say, and it made Joven smile. I could feel the sudden altitude change, and it made my ears pop. It was early morning, and we were at the luggage terminal for a long time, but that didn't matter, we were home.