Tears of joy

Joven POV
Everyone left fairly late. If late was 9 in the morning. They fell asleep on the couch. I woke up and Hope was snuggled under my arms, and her delicate frame was against my chest, curled up slightly. I sighed as she took heavy breaths.

Destiny was cooking breakfast and it smelt so delicious. I got Hope properly in my arms and carried her with me to the kitchen to help Destiny cook breakfast. "Good morning world's best dad." She said as she flipped a pancake.
It brought a tear to my eye, I was finally a father. I didn't care of she wasn't of my own flesh and blood, she was my daughter and I was proud to say it too.

"Oh Jovey." She said as the single tear ran down my face. She brought me into a hug, and a tear streamed down her face as well. "She's the daughter we could never have." She whispered.

Now Hope was in the middle of the hug, and she must have woken up, because she embraced me, wrapping her arms around my neck and I hugged her tighter in return. "I love you Hope." I said and she replied, "I love you too Joven." Me and Destiny's foreheads touched and the tears were flowing.

Hope looked up. "Why are you guys crying?" She said, wiping away my tears. "Whatever happened, it will get better." Words of wisdom. "Baby girl, it already has." "Then why are you crying?" "We're so happy it happened that we can't help it." Destiny said and smiled.

She wanted to go over to Destiny. She looked at me directly and it explained it all. I handed her over and she wiped her tears as well. Then Destiny put her on the ground and crouched down at her height.

What happened that could possibly make you that happy?" "You." "Me? Why me? What did I do?" "You came into our lives." "But you can have kids anytime."

"Not exactly little one." "When me and Joven tried, it died before it was born."
"The doctor explained that if we kept trying, they would keep dying." "So you want kids, and now that I'm your 'daughter', you feel better?" "That's a better way to put it." I said and she came up to me and hugged my leg. I picked her up and hugged her properly.

"Well, that's very nice of you." She said and she sounded sad, and I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?" I said, sounding ultra confused for her sake. "Well, Steve said that I was worthless, and that no one could ever love me, and I was ugly and stupid.

Ouch. That hurt me. It must have hurt her. "Well, as your new father, I decree those to be lies!" I said in a noble kings voice. She laughed. "You are worth every penny, and me and Destiny and everyone else in this room loves you to bits, and you're very pretty, and I don't joke, and you are quite smart for your age." I said very matter of factly.

"I didn't think I had a chance to find love before I found Destiny. Some boy will look at you someday and fall in love with you just the way you are and then you will wonder why you believed no one could love you. I wanna see him first to make sure he means it."
I said lovingly and pulled her closer to me.

"Thanks Joven." "You can call me dad and Destiny mom, you know that?" "Of course I do daddy." I smiled the biggest smile I've smiled in so long and kissed her forehead. "Now go young Jedi, and wake up the Storm Troopers!" "Yes sir!" She said as I put her down.