Drinking Problems

He flinched and and turned his head. "Oh hey Destiny." "That's all?!" She asked and rolled her eyes. "Come on Hope, we are officially wasting our time." She huffed and grabbed my hand and walked off, clearly acting.

We went up right beside Joven. She ordered her Caesar Salad. "What do you want little one?" She asked me and I answered: "Just a kids meal with a cheeseburger."

Joven POV
I could recognise that voice from any distance. Hope. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked Destiny and she looked at me then smiled. "We are getting lunch. What about you?" "I just so happen to be doing the same." I said and she handed the money over.

Hope was staring at me. "What's up little one?" "You have an apple tag on your sleeve." Low and behold, she was right. I looked up at Lasercorn who was laughing. "I'll get you back." I said, narrowing my eyes. "You can't." "Yes I can." The server called my number and and I went over and got my lunch.

"I'm gonna go." I said as Destiny came over.

Lasercorn POV
Joven is a natural with kids. He gave Hope the biggest bear hug and left, and during the whole ride back, he couldn't stop smiling. Except when he was talking. Which wasn't very often.

"You love that kid to bits don't you?" I said to him, and he quickly sprung to her defence. "How could you not? She's so adorable, and she's like the daughter we can never have." He said as we turned into the car park of the HQ.

"Well, that's what happens when you have kids, ladies and gentlemen." I said, hoping to conclude the conversation. "Really?" He said, and rolled his eyes and headed inside.

Destiny POV
We headed home and cleaned up the house, and kept making dinner. A knock on our door rang through the quiet house. "Get in the bedroom and don't come out until I tell you to." I said to Hope and she ran into her bedroom.

I opened the door, and to my relief, it was Lasercorn, Sohinki, Mari, Wes and Flitz.
"Why does this place smell like cherry blossoms?" Sohinki asked, and I smirked. "Joven's mom is coming over later to meet Hope." "Cool." "Hey, where's Joven?" "He said he had to get something." "I never told him to get anything."

Why did my fear rise? "Umm, dos you wanna come in?" "Sure." Wes said and they all filed in. "Brb guys." I got Hope.
"It's the Games Crew." I say, and her face lights up brighter than the sun. "Don't tell them that you were here, tell them you were playing on Joven's DS in your room."
"Sure."

"Yay!" She ran out and the smile ran across Lasercorn's face. I wonder how his son is going? "And where have you been?" Flitz asked her and I prayed that she would say what I told her to say. "I was playing Pokemon on Joven's DS." A wave of relief rushed over me.

"Show us dem Pokemon skills!" Sohinki said and she actually went and got Joven's DS. He had the Ruby version, and he hasn't caught many. Over the past few days, she'd caught heaps more than Joven. She showed them and they seemed impressed.

That night...
The doorbell rang. It was Joven's mom, and he hadn't returned yet. The fear rose in me and you could see it clearly in Hope's eyes. Poor little thing, she's been worried since 4. I prayed a silent prayer that he would return alright, and that he wasn't hiding anything. Please God.

Joven POV
Maybe one drink on the house won't be so bad. I bought everyone one and got myself a light beer. I know I told the girls that I don't drink, but they won't notice. The liquid ran down my throat and it brought happy but sad memories back. I used to be an alcoholic, but after I met Destiny I just haven't had the mental space to think about it.

Hope POV
Midnight and Joven is still not back. Grandma had left and said not to worry about him, he used to do this all the time. "Where could he be?" I asked her and she thought for a while. Her face went white. "No baby please no." She said as she grabbed me and headed to the car.

"What happened?" I asked her and she just put her head down. "Joven used to be a alcoholic when he broke up with a previous girl who lied to his face, and when he found me he vowed never to drink again in front of 30 or more people at our wedding. If he's drinking, I don't know what I'll do."

Destiny POV
We went to the bar closest and saw Sohinki there, sipping a non alcoholic drink, and Lasercorn doing the same.
Then Joven. He'd just downed a light beer and was taking another. We walked closer to Sohinki and he looked very sorry for someone. "Where's Joven?" I said, the anger boiling inside me.

"Umm, he's over there." He said, hugging Hope. He put her down and she caught up. "Is that daddy?" She said and tears started forming in her eyes.

Joven POV
I saw Destiny and it was Game Over. She came up to me and looked at me directly in the eyes. "What are you doing Josh?" She asked me and I looked at her and then at Hope. She had tears in her eyes. "What happened to not over drinking huh? What about Hope? Josh, I don't know what to do."

"One minute you're in jail, next minute we have a child to look after and you flush your brain cells by drinking?" I didn't know what to say. "I can explain." I said, but I knew it wasn't going to help. "Explain this." She said, holding up the empty beer bottle. "I was only supposed to have one." She was really sad now.

Lasercorn came over and took Hope from Destiny. She has tears streaming down her face, and Destiny is close to it. "Why don't you just have a non alcoholic drink like everyone else?" "Destiny, you don't think I regret this?" I say, and she puts her bravest face. "Your mother came over and you didn't even come to say hi and say where you were going."

"I'm sorry Destiny." "I'm fine with you drinking, but what about Hope over there? You promised her that you wouldn't be Steve all over again." "And I'm being Steve, I understand, but but."
"You have to be careful around her, she's still sensitive around guys that have a beer bottle in their hand."