Chapter 1

Tick tock, tick tock, the sound was minimal but it was also deafening, he could hear the clock ticking it really wasn't all that loud but due to the darkness and coupled with the ringing in his ears it was more than he could handle. He struggled to remember what had gone down but he continued to draw a blank, he tried to bring his hand to his head but realized he was restrained by something.
"Just fucking great" he said to himself, "c'mon think man, what the hell happened?" if he wasn't so confused he would have laughed at himself.
He scooted back until his back hit what he was hoping was the wall, steadying himself against he worked to stand up, only for the room to start spinning and the ringing in his ears becoming louder. After gaining his composure he started to slowly shuffle his feet through the dark room, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness, he stopped in his tracks when he felt something at his feet, leaning down he tried to make sense of the slumped shape. He nudged at it again this time receiving a response.
"No....stop....please..."it was barely audible but Roman knew who it was instantly, dropping to his knees he called out to her.
"Kim, hey you ok, Kim, it's me Roman" he yelled wishing his hands weren't tied behind his back. " are you okay?" begging her to answer him again, but she wouldn't. Only a groan escaping her lips, "Kim, say something, anything dammit Kim, I don't care talk about Ruzek, just let me know you are ok!!"
At the sound of his name, the name of the man she loved the fog started to lift only it was replaced by searing pain in her gut, unable to remember why it hurt.
"Adam, I...." Kim started to say but trailed off unable to form anything more than that.
Sean Roman stood up again, quickly telling his partner that it would be okay that he was going to get them out of this mess what ever it was.