Chapter 6

Vito placed the empty syringe on the seat beside him, and rested his head on the headrest, feeling the drugs take control of his body. He lived for this feeling, letting nothing stand in his way.
He thought back on the events earlier in the day, he knew his father was pissed at him. Worthless, careless, and couldn't be trusted to handle anything was what his father had said when he let him know about those two cops. Vito was pretty sure his father would never ask him to do a job again, and to be honest Vito was happy about it. Not that the money wasn't good because it was but doing jobs for his dad meant he needed to stay clean, that sucked.
He let his mind wander back to that lady cop, she fought him pretty hard and he liked that, he laughed to himself. "Screw it!" He thought as he headed off in the direction of the warehouse, he deserved a little fun.
"Hey Kim, you with me?" Roman pleaded, hopeful she would respond in some way, even if she just moved her foot he would take anything. "Kim, please" he was begging.
Frustrated he stood up, walking alongside the wall, he bumped into something. He ran his hands along it as best he could with them being tied behind his back, he caught the corner "Yes!" He shouted. He started rubbing the rope on the corner and after a few minutes the rope broke freeing his hands. This brought out a relieved laugh, he scurried back to Kim. Placing both hands on her face, he was thrilled to feel her pulse, it was the strongest but it was steady.
It was then he heard it in the distance, it was creepy.
"Come out, come out wherever you are" the voice sang, it really unnerved Roman. On instinct he reached for his service weapon it was then he realized it was gone. He quickly went back to Kim's side he started to slide her across when he felt the bat make contact with his skull.
Roman stumbled fall to his knees, as he attempted to fight back he was struck again in the shoulder, knocking him the ground. The next hit knocked him out.
Once Vito realized the man at his feet was down for the count he scooped up the lady cop and carried her back to van. He tossed her in the back and jumped in speeding off.