Chapter 42

Adam pulled his SUV into the parking spot reserved for him at the 21st, he was ready to get back to work, though he knew he would also find out some of the details involving his mother's death.

"Welcome back Ruzek" Platt greeted him as he entered, shocked she didn't use one of the many nicknames she had for him. "How's my favorite Ruzek doing?"

"Oh, me I'm great, oh that's right you mean little Adam, he's wonderful, crawling all over the place" he informed her, he had to start baby proofing the house soon.

"Oh look who has decided to grace us with his presence" Dawson briefly joked "welcome back, man, welcome back"

"Yea, Ruzek, it's good to have you back" Halstead told him.

"Ruzek, in my office, now!" Voight called out.

Adam walked in noticing Olinsky already sitting down, "hey O" Adam said sitting in the vacant chair.

"Kid, we closed the case involving your mother, she died of an accidental overdose." Voight told him "she was seriously drunk, and had a decent amount of prescription medicine in her system"

Adam expected this news but it was still hard to hear it "I'm not surprised, thank you for keeping me in the loop, Sarge"

Lindsey knocked on Voight's door lightly before opening it "Hey, oh I'm sorry" she said noticing Ruzek "Voight, when you're done, can I have a mintue" she asked.

"We're done" Voight said "Welcome back Ruzek, it's been way to quiet without you" he quipped, even smiling a bit.

"Thanks, boss, Lindsey" Adam said as he left.

"What's up Erin?" Voight asked.

"I'm not sure, patrol pinched some low level runner" she explained "he started singing as soon as he was brought in, dropped the name DiMuccio and mentioned Kim" she finished.

"What do you mean, 'mentioned'" he asked "have you spoken with him yet"

"I wanted your input, do we bring Ruzek in on this?"

"Not yet, let's go have a chat with him"

They made their way to the interrogation room, they stood outside watching him for a few moments.

"His rap sheet is fairly long, mostly a runner for Angelo DiMuccio, father of the late Vito DiMuccio" Lindsey explained.

They went inside, Lindsey sitting opposite the man and Voight hanging back leaning against the wall.

"Marbles, what on earth did you do to land that nickname" Linsdey asked, trying not laugh but failing miserably.

"Haha, lady, when I was a kid everyone said it sounded like I had Marbles in my mouth when I talked, it stuck." he hated that name "now you wanna know what I got,you gotta let me walk" no way he could go back to jail.

"We'll see, start taking" Lindsey told him.

"You got a lady cop named Burzek or some shit like that" he explained unable to remember the name. "I heard she dropped Vito, right, well Angelo's been talking"

"Something like that" Lindsey said trying to judge Voight's reaction, though that was no longer needed as Voight came flying across the room towering over Marbles.

"You better start singing like a canary" Voight told him "don't mention that son of a bitch's name without giving me something to go on" he said as grabbed the back of Marbles' neck

"Shit, I will, let me go" he whined, and Voight released the grip he had on the men's neck. "Angelo said something about a son for a son"

Lindsey and Voight both looked at each other, almost forgetting about Marbles sitting in the chair.