[41]

Everything stopped in place for a long time, in reality it was just for a few seconds, leaving a silence like the grave to sit in the room.

His lungs seemed to have been crushed, not letting the air cover his nostrils, in reality the air flowed as before.  But something in his subconscious told him otherwise, not leaving him alone. 

His eyes widened, enlarging more than he would have liked. If you looked closely at his face, you could see his weakness. 

And he has never been put in a situation where feelings take over him, at least not for long, but it seems that this moment has changed that now. 

Mikey froze for a few seconds, then tried to take his indifferent posture again, which he wore every time. Trying to keep his emotions in check, without letting fear appear on his face.

Somehow the masked man notices the tension that has been placed on the boy's shoulders, and this makes him smile muffled in the background, implying to Mikey that he knows how this situation affected him. 

The masked man bends down, getting closer to the bag, then pulls it away from the person who had been inside it until now. 

Short hair, whiter than milk, clear sky-blue eyes, open looking everywhere to see where she was. After realizing that this room is an unknown one, her eyes close for a few seconds and then they were open again. 

At that moment, their eyes meet, and they both couldn't seem to take their eyes off each other. Mikey felt an emptiness in his stomach when he saw the person he had just met for a little while lying on the floor helpless.

Senju, on the other hand, looked into the boy's eyes, which looked at her with the same oppressive intensity. 

The boy's eyes told her to trust him because he had everything under control, he would save her. The girl gives him all her confidence, letting him take matters into his own hands. 

Mikey looks away from the girl, knowing that if he looks at her too much he can't concentrate. If he stopped to think for a little, Mikey didn't know why he felt this feeling to keep the girl safe. 

The two haven't known each other for so long but he feels he should keep her safe and get her out of there as soon as possible. 

He doesn't know why either, but at the moment he has to listen to these instincts that make him do dubious and extraordinary deeds, they were dubious at least for him.

"Mikey, what do you think of my gift, it's very beautiful, isn't it?" 

The line of thought stopped when the other man's infected voice was heard, shaking his mind. Their gazes intersect, rather Mikey looks at the round shapes of the mask, which aim to take the place of the eyes. 

Mikey chooses not to answer, focusing more on his plan that will help him get out of there, at least to release the rest so he can later kick the visitors out. 

The man is still sitting next to the girl, looking at him very carefully to see what expression the boy in front of him will make. 

Mikey still chooses silence, but when the masked man makes a move, he finally realizes it wasn't a good choice. 

The man in the suit brings his hand closer to the girl until his fist clenches in the girl's hair, squeezing hard to show who is in control at that moment.

Mikey couldn't take his eyes off that creature, being so angry that the man was still holding her there. He would take revenge for it. 

Before revenge can darken his judgment, he takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself. But that wasn't going well, not until his gaze met the girl's.