[59]

Even though it was past one in the evening Yuzuha didn't ask any questions when her best friend called her. She could never say no to her because that's what they've become in the years since they've known each other.

But when she thought Senju was really hurt than usual, especially when the girl ends up fighting some guys who don't know good manners, the brunette did her best to get there as fast as she could. Because if her wounds were not several she would never call. So this mean is important.

She didn't know what to expect when she got to her friend's house, though she imagined a bunch of possibilities, all crazier than the last. But she hadn't expected this.

Mikey was lying in the clean bed that was now stained with blood, his blood. If Yuzuha was another person she should be shocked and not know what to do. But even she got into street fights because of a reason or even without one.

So the blood after a fight wasn't something that should scare her but what made her speechless for three seconds was the hole that had formed in his white t-shirt.

Yuzuha at that moment realized that the boy's wound was from a gunshot. She recovered quickly and headed for the bed, as she passed her friend she stopped to check on her to make sure she was okay.

When she realized that Senju was fine and unharmed, putting the shock aside, the brunette walked over to the bed and began to inspect the boy's condition.

He had a pulse, although she could barely feel it, but it was there and that was what mattered most, and his pupils weren't too dilated.

Yuzuha took a pair of scissors and cut the already stained and unsalvageable t-shirt and cut from the bottom up so she could put it aside and see better where the wound was exactly.

Her hands remained on top of the boy's chest as she tried to calm herself and not panic. Senju wasn't in a very good mood right now and if she gave the impression that something wasn't right, if possible more than that, Yuzuha didn't know how her friend would react.

She went to high school to learn about medicine but it wasn't anything complex and at summer camp it wasn't like she was going to find dead bodies to learn what it was like to operate on people.

Although there had been a day when the guy who was the head of the department took them to the morgue to see the causes of death on dead people. It hadn't been pleasant but at least she had learned something from there even though she wouldn't need anything now.

All she had tried to do surgery on, surgery where she was just stitching someone up which wasn't really surgery, especially since it was done on a mannequin.

Yuzuha saw today for the first time in her life what it was like to have a bullet in the chest. A bullet so close to the heart that the girl was afraid to even breathe or stand too close to Mikey.

Apparently Senju had seen this too, plus how the brunette wasn't doing anything because she moved a little closer to the bed and looked at the pale face and said:

"Yuzuha, you have to help him, you can't leave him like this. I beg you!"

One thing was clear Senju didn't beg. Ever. What she had heard had shocked the brunette because she had not realized when the two had become so close to each other.

"It was mine."

Tears were painting her face and Yuzuha looked at her friend not understanding what she meant by what she was saying.

"The bullet in his chest was meant for me. Mikey pushed me out of the way and took it instead of me."

When she heard this something got in her throat, the air stopped there and her hands started shaking. Her evening was a normal one, the only thing that made her happy was when Mitsuya liked a post of hers where she had tried on the dress she was thinking of wearing to her graduation ceremony.