[60]

It was three in the morning. Everyone was either asleep, having the worst nightmares, or floating on fluffy pink cotton candy clouds.

People were unpredictable, they could have the happiest expression but could only think of the worst things. Or vice versa.

That's how Senju felt at that moment, not the part with the clouds but the part with the nightmares and bad thoughts.

The funniest thing of all was that the girl wasn't even dreaming because she was more awake than she had ever been at this time of night.

When she had to finish the drawings for her final grade and had to do a hundred or so drawings, Senju always used to have a white night where she tried to finish what she left on the last day.

Sometimes she didn't succeed, sometimes with small mistakes in the background or in the faces of the people on the paper. Somehow someone always had to come out with an uneven eye.

But now Senju was the most awake of the three in her room. She was looking at the bed as if the one who was lying there would jump from there or leave her and go far away.

Senju wasn't a person who believed in heaven or hell but that didn't stop her from knowing that Mikey would end up in the latter. And the girl still wasn't ready to give up on him... on them.

Senju promised herself that when the boy woke up, because he would, she would talk some sense into him. She won't let him rest until he knows it's not good to chase bullets like they're discounts on the most expensive products.

She sighed and looked at her friend who had her head resting on the bed firmly by the boy's feet. Yuzuha had started the operation at one in the morning and finished at two.

It was now three and the girl fell asleep watching her first patient. However Senju doesn't blame her because she knew that Yuzuha went through a lot of stress during the whole one hour period.

If she sat and thought even Senju didn't know how she herself had managed not to pass out. Especially when Yuzuha started to cut the skin around the bullet and blood started to flow down the boy's toned chest. And the worst part was that it wasn't just a little, there was a lot of blood.

Somehow Yuzuha found a miniature monitor, much smaller than the one in the movies, that showed his heartbeat and other things she hadn't noticed when they were explained to her.

All she knew was that she had to watch his heartbeat, or so she thought. Before she was standing but now Senju had taken a chair from the kitchen and stood close to the small monitor and Mikey's head.

The more she looked at the moving line the more she remembered what had happened before. After the blood stopped and Yuzuha could see the wound better, with one clamp she opened the skin better and then with another she took the bullet and put it on a plate that Senju had brought.

Senju left the room as her friend began to sew the boy, not because she was afraid or disgusted, but simply because she was bothering the girl with the thread.

"If you're going to breath down my neck while I do this, you'd better leave. I don't think you'd want me to sew your boyfriend wrong."

When she heard that she left the room, not even correcting the brunette when she said the boy was her boyfriend.

She went to the living room and sat on the sofa looking at the clock minute by minute and thinking how the time passes so slowly.

Senju then remembered the lifeless body still lying behind her house under the moon. She stood up and walked over to the glass door where she had exited earlier in the night.