[45]

Slamming the door behind him, Mikey hurried down the hall in search of the mouse that was now hiding from him and planned to escape from there. 

That whole day he had tired and annoyed him to the max, at one point, he even wondered how a blood vessel didn't burst due to the stress he had built up.

It was most likely three in the morning now, and he had spent most of the time he could sleep soundly doing anything but unwanted things like what was happening now. 

On any other normal day now he would be laying in his big comfy bed, sleeping peacefully knowing he didn't have to deal with Sanzu and his crap for a while. 

Still, something was grinding him inside, and it wasn't the longing for sleep or the image of Sanzu that pissed him off.

The thought of the girl now sitting in that dark and sinister room scared him a little. He just hoped the girl would be patient and not do anything to cause trouble for herself. 

Mikey also didn't like that he had left her alone, even though he realized that the girl was capable of taking care of herself. 

He still wished the girl had someone to be by her side at that moment, after all, tonight's experience was not that pleasant.

The first time she was kidnapped and taken by force against her own will, she was also put in a difficult situation. 

After that the first thing Senju saw since being immobilized was his face with a gun pointed at his head. 

Most likely that was also the moment when she had seen a dangerous weapon for the first time, seeing the difference in the situation between the movies and reality.

Most likely she wasn't feeling very well right now, although Senju was trying to show that she was strong, in reality her emotions were raw. 

That didn't make the boy very satisfied, he wanted to get to the source of the problems faster, and in the end he was going to make that scumbag regret picking a fight with him. 

The thought returned to the girl, who now sat alone in the dark room, with many questions waiting to be answered.

Something in a distant part of his heart told him to go back and stay with her. 

But his brain knew he couldn't do that, at least not now, so he was going to avoid the feeling until everything was back to normal, even if normal wasn't the right word for how things were before. 

However Mikey couldn't send one of the boys to take care of her.

He didn't trust any of those animals to take care of her.  Sanzu was the first to be cut from the list, and Mochizuki was closing in on victory, even though Mikey wasn't going to let him into that room. 

So now he had nothing to do but hope that everything would be fine and that nothing bad would happen.

Slowly the thought of the girl was gone, now leaving him to focus on the original problem he would be solving in the next few moments. 

As his mind drifted away from the girl, and he remembered more of that trash, his impulse resurfaced, gently changing him into another Mikey. 

The boy knew the building best, and he was very sure that the head of operations and also the head of the masked guys had no way of getting down to the ground floor at the front door.

Of course that exit was an option but Mikey knew very well that someone was now downstairs, guarding the door and not letting anyone out. 

He was very sure that Takeomi was manning the main door, leaving the Haitania brothers on the floor above him.