[34]

Running to the motorcycle that was waiting for him, then climbing and disappearing in the dark without looking back.

Mikey was driving on the empty streets, which helped him a lot, heading for their base where something bad was happening.

He was optimistic that the others would be fine, but he had a knot in his throat whenever he thought about what he would find when he was going there.

Kakucho did not give much details about what's going on, just told him he had to return immediately and as soon as possible.

That did not reassure him at all, but all he could do now was just hurry and hope that nothing too bad happened.

The road to the base was longer than he would have imagined, the streets were no longer finished, as if he was waiting for the same traffic lights several times, in the end he began to drive on red.

Mikey did not like to say it, but he was very worried, although his facial expression did not say that, but that was the truth.

He was afraid that something would happen the same way as it did in the past, and he did not like it at all. Now, if he is thinking better, how is Kokonoi now, is he good, what if anyone came in his hospital room, it's someone with him?

But he could not go into two places at the same time, even if he wanted. Kakucho's voice sounded in his head and Mikey knew where he had to go first.

Passing red and then he goes right, then ahead, accelerating to get faster. He did not care if the police had seen him, he no longer counts that he was a criminal or that he had violated more than ten road rules.

All he had to do now was to get to his destination, that was the most important thing he had to do. However, his mind was somewhere else, he was thinking about the two girls he had meet today.

It seemed bad that he did not say goodbye to the child and worried that the little girl would be upset. On the other hand, it is also the girl he had left there and this disturbed him in a way he did not even know to explain.

Now he was most likely to take her home after the long and tired day they spent together, all three. But now he had something else on his head and had to focus on the real problem that was more dangerous.

Not long after Mikey observes the tip of the high building that appears in his visual ray, a sign that he was approaching.

There are another two kilometers and the boy finally reaches his destination. Before beginning to close he slowed down, stopping the headlights so that no one will observes his presence.

He does not park the vehicle in its place, as he used to always doing it before, but leaves it in between the two houses, where he was. He hides after the stone wall, staring, trying not to be seen, at the great building, which at first sight seemed uninhabited.

Nothing had given him a sense of danger, and that worried him. No sound was heard, no light was lit, no sign of present movement.

Everything was too quiet for his liking. He did not know for sure, but the possibility to be expected was a big one.

Many scenarios had come in the boy's mind, some worse than the others. But he knew, and that the other five who stayed here could take care of themselves, he is trusting them.

However, they can have been ambushed without them being prepared, and the Kakucho call could have been monitored by someone. Still, he knew that most probably the masked guys were related to this stupidity situation.

It was certain, but at the same time he had to consider other possibilities. These new and mysterious guys were not a problem for Mikey, if they were all like the ten that he had beaten at their first meeting, everything would be easy.