[55]

The sky previously stained with various colors of yellow, orange and pink had eventually become a gloomy but gorgeous shade of black. 

The sun of this warm afternoon had turned into a cold evening, where the bright moon begins to watch over the city and its people. 

Although the sky was a dark color, the city compensated for this problem by having its streets and houses decorated for the spring festival that is about to begin.

Although it was still a few days before the festivities began, locals began to fill the streets and vendors to open their stalls.

The streets were full of locals or tourists enjoying the many things on display in Tokyo. Passers-by were laughing, eating and having fun, being happy with their families or partner. 

In a corner of this great city, on a bench by the light of the lantern, there was a girl.

A girl who didn't share the same feelings as the other people who were happy and curious, smiling and enlightened. 

She was the opposite of these characteristics, being sad and angry with tears like pearls streaming down her face. 

Although she displayed such an appearance in the crowded streets, no one looked at her, no one paid attention to her, and no one cared about her suffering.  Nobody but a boy. 

He wasn't like the others, he didn't avoid her and he didn't treat her like an invisible and unimportant being either.

Otherwise, he treated her like no one had before, with gentleness and care. She was in his warm, tight embrace that was helping her stay whole and not break right there like a trinket. 

On his chest she was shedding her tears and her little hands were fisted around his coat. That didn't bother him in the slightest, his hands were just as tight around her, not hurting her but tight enough to show her he was there by her side.

The gesture and the hug made the girl feel safe. 

For a certain moment she no longer had to protect herself, nor did she have to think about her brother who was nowhere to be found. 

At that moment she no longer thought of anything and had no worries. She was for a few minutes a normal and fragile girl who needed to be protected.

The girl's white hair tickled the boy's pale nose but he made no move to push it aside. She let her wild locks touch her face, trying not to look suspicious as she smelled her hair. 

Her hair smelled like green apples and that made him smile a little, the scent was one that oddly defined her.  A few minutes later the crying stopped, the two now sat in a warm embrace from which neither wanted to part.

Now her head was pressed into the crook of his neck, her lips lightly touching the boy's cold, pale skin. The touch was a warm one that made Mikey feel different from how he felt before. 

He didn't know what this feeling was but one thing was for sure, he would do anything just to feel her lips on his skin again.

Finally Senju slowly moved away from him, taking the hands that had reached around his neck and gently bringing them up to the boy's hand. 

He moved back a little to make room for her, moving just as lightly as not to make the girl think he didn't like the hug.

On the contrary, the hug was warm and pleasant. An experience he hasn't had in a long time. Mikey can't even remember what his last hug was or when he got it.

But at least now he has a start and he will always remember this hug from now on. When her blue eyes met his black ones, she smiled a little embarrassed that he had seen such a side of her.