[47]

After ordering each of the three what to do, and having to answer Rindou's boring questions, he slowly descended the steps towards his next stop.

Rindou was still behind him, walking and following him, quietly this time, keeping a considerable distance between them.

But that was the last concern Mikey had, now all he had on his mind was what was going to happen in the next few minutes.

What will he do when he reaches his destination, what will he say to the girl he barely knew but who, in an unusually strange way, he cared about?

Although he didn't know how he should behave with her, one thing was certain and that was that there was no way he was going to back down.

After all if he gave up now it would mean there was no way the girl would ever leave that room. But he was also aware that he would be answering some unwanted or unpleasant questions about this place and what he was doing.

But the end was inevitable and at the end of the day he would still enter that room, and he would also speak. When he walks through that door he will bear whatever consequences and words are thrown at him.

Mikey himself knows that he was the cause of her beginning kidnaped and for her beginning there, so the girl had the right to react however she wanted.

In the short journey, which took an eternity for him, he finally arrived at the place in question. Mikey himself was glad he decided to bide his time because now he was ready for anything.

When the boy looked at that door, he realized that he was more anxious to talk to the girl than he had been a few minutes ago when he had a gun pointed at his head.

He sighs one last time in his thought, only to then move closer to the door, thus moving away from Rindou who was looking at him in bewilderment.

The snow-haired boy turned his gaze back to the grape-haired one, nodding once to continue on his way without him.

Rindou didn't ask another question, he just continued on his way. Mikey then opened the door with his fingerprint, only to enter the dark, barely lit room and close the door behind him.

Although he wanted to get the girl out of there as quickly as he had promised, he also wanted to clarify a few things first, to make sure everything was as good as it could be.

When he had turned his back on the door, the first thing he had noticed were blue eyes, now a darker shade due to the darkness.

Mikey couldn't do anything but look back at her as well, his plans and thoughts now falling apart. For a few minutes no one says anything, the two just look at each other, trying to figure out what the other will say or do in the end.

Not knowing what to do or say, Mikey took a slight step forward before turning to the left and leaning against the wall.

The girl watched him intently throughout his journey, at one point she turned her chair towards him, watching him intently. The boy watched her as well, observing every detail she did.

But he didn't know if her gaze fixed on his face was one of fear or curiosity, after all he was never very good at reading people.

The two of them stared at each other for a little while longer before Mikey removed his gaze from her, turning his head and staring straight ahead at the ground, considering how he should bring up a topic of discussion.

The silence kept growing between the two, it was getting harder and harder to debate a topic to discuss, making the atmosphere awkward. 

At one point the boy gave up his ignorant posture, then move his gaze to the girl who was now no longer looking at him.