☕ 𝟎𝟒𝟎 ☕

While walking to school, you and Satou could never be happier than ever. You two were discussing things you both wanted to try out during winter break, but it all had to come down when you guys had to go to your classrooms.

When you came into your classroom, a few classmates of yours realized your smile was huge. I mean, it was the first time they saw you smile that amazing in a long time. They even questioned if they were either dreaming or if you were crazy for a moment, but they soon realized that it was real along with you.

Setting your things down, your ex-friend, Maki, was in the same class with you and realized your smile. She wanted to come up to you, but you came up to her first.

"Hey, Maki," you greet.

Her eyes that followed you were actually in such surprise. Her mouth was agape and eyes full of happiness that you actually interreacted to her first.

"U-Uhm, hey, Y/n! H-How are you?" she says, quickly getting off her desk and forgetting about the other people she was just talking to.

"Can I talk to you for a sec'? It's kind of important," you start.

"S-Sure! Anything for my best friend," she says as she holds both your hands.

You look down before going back at her happy eyes.

"Great! Follow me!"

As you led her outside the classroom, everybody was oddly satisfied with what just happened. With you all happy made everyone quite relieved for once. As for the two of you, you brought her to the bathroom, where nobody was gladly there.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I'm sorry," you apologize.

"H-Huh?"

"I'm so sorry that I drifted myself away from. I'm just so sorry," you confess, "I was dealing with a bully who didn't want me to interreact to anybody a-and I thought th-that if I just followed what he did, then everything would be alright. It was wrong of me to not stand up, but now, that's all over.

"But even though it's all over, I knew that I hurt a lot of people and especially you, my best friend. Ever since grade school up until now. Because of my actions, we never got to hang out with each other in the start of our schoolyear. I know I sound really pathetic right now, and I do deserve all that bullying stuff and-

And before you could say anything else to degrade yourself, Maki starts to hug you tight as you didn't have time to react and took a few steps behind.

"I don't care if you apologize. I'm just so glad to have my best friend back," Maki says.

You start to swell up in happiness and start to hug her as well.

"I'm so glad to have you back. We all are," Maki continues.