☕ 𝟎𝟒𝟑 ☕

When you were walking back in the classroom, you bumped into Aren, but it seemed that he already found you first.

"A-Aren!" you call him out.

"Hey, Y/n. How are you?"

"I'm doing well! H-How about you?" you watch Aren rub the back of his head.

"Not much. Just kinda bummed out a friend of mine moved out so sudden."

"Friend?"

"Oh, yeah. The dude with the pink hair? Remember him?"

"Oh, yeah, I do . . . Why? What happened to him?"

"That's the thing. We dunno, too, but I hope he comes back."

"Y-Yeah . . .," you mumble, "Well, I have to go to class now. See you tomorrow."

You soon walk away as Aren watches you disappear. He seemed confused with how nervous, yet sad you were, but he doesn't think too much of it as he only looks around.

As you get back to the classroom, you were getting nervous. Of what, though? He wasn't here or anything, so why were you worried that Saiki could come back. It never crossed your mind, so that may be the reason. Maybe you were just self-conscious about the idea of him coming back.

"Y/n."

You flinch and look around to find Maki in front of you with a worried expression.

"Are you okay? You seem nervous about something," she asks.

"N-No! I'm fine. I'm just thinking about what we're going to learn for the next lesson," you say before entering the classroom.

As you eat with your friends, you look down at the wrapped necklace around your wrist. You wished he was here to tell him that you were officially okay now. Maybe it was fate telling you that it's better this way for him to stay away from life. Maki realizes this and nudges your shoulder to get your attention.

"Yo, you good?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah," you respond, "I was just thinking."

"About what?" Maki takes a sip of her drink as other friends were laughing at their jokes.

"Just . . . a lot of things. I'm just trying to catch up with every drama that happened while I wasn't with you guys," you laugh it off.

Maki laughs lightly as well, but she can tell it was something else. Even though you conquered your bully, it just seems there was something else that roamed around your mind that's making you still away from your free reality.

"Really, Y/n, are you sure you're okay? You've just been so off once you got in here," Maki points out.

For no reason, you got scared and worried. He isn't here anymore, so why are you thinking that he'll rip out your throat and never speak again? There's no reason for you to get all worked up for a bully who isn't here anymore.