Wedding Bells Part 3

The first group of suitors to be sent out were the Leech twins, Vil, Jack, Trey, and Leona.

"Where's Malleus?" Vil looked around, "Since he's also a prince, like Leona, he could make a good candidate."

"True and his proposal is extremely likely to get accepted," Lilia said, "However, we cannot allow the Crown Prince of the Valley of Thorns to be a suitor, even if it's fake. Just the idea of Malleus being engaged to a ghost would be a diplomatic issue."

"I will act as the Young Master's replacement!" Sebek declared with pride.

"Honestly, even if Malleus was here, there's no guarantee he would seal the deal," Leona said with a smug grin.

Sebek scoffed, "Prince Malleus is a fine specimen of a man. He would get chosen as the groom in an instant."

"Forget him, we don't Malleus to accomplish this mission," determination burned in Leona's eyes, "I'll be the one to succeed in this plan."

"I don't care if the others fail," Vil countered, "I will be the one to make this proposal successful."

I was not sure what would be more entertaining, watching a group of guys trying to impress a princess or the silent competition Vil and Leona were now engaged in.

Once the group figured out their strategy, they all headed towards the main building, where a pair of ghosts stood at the entrance. Surprisingly, the group put on such a display for the guards to allow them passage. For the rest of us waiting outside, Ortho projected on his screen live footage from a microscopic drone he sent to accompany the group.

First, we saw the cafeteria, which was transformed into a wedding venue. A grand altar was positioned in the center of the room and all sorts of flowers and ribbons were hung from the walls. The seats were arranged for at least several dozen guests to witness the ceremony.

Although the group received a warm welcome from the princess upon their arrival, she insisted she found her true love. Regardless, curiosity got the best of her. She wanted to see what each man could offer to her that her 'ideal prince' that was Idia could not.

Leona was called first.

The princess began to sing a song, but the Housewarden of Savanaclaw only stood in confusion.

In response, Eliza slapped Leona across the face with the palm of her hand. A red hand mark was left on his cheek.

"What was that for?!" Leona exclaimed. 

Eliza lectured him, "When the princess sings, the prince is supposed to sing the duet with her. You aren't princely at all!"

Princess Eliza then called upon Vil.

My hopes quickly rose. Though I had never seen Vil act in any romance movies, I had no doubt he could pull off this performance.

Eliza first conducted the singing duet test on Vil. The two sang in beautiful, perfect harmonies.

"My princess, I could sing with you forever like this," Vil smoothly said. The way he looked at Princess Eliza with such adoration and sincerity made my heart flutter a little.

"It's so lovely!" Eliza began to get giddy, "So, tell me, what are the names of the dogs you own?"

"Why did you suddenly talk about dogs? I live in a dorm there's no way-"

"Rejected!" Eliza then slapped Vil across the face.

"That hurts!" Vil winced, "Unbelievable! Do you know how much my face costs?!"

"It's not princely if you don't own a dog that will rush over to save you with a whistle."

Trey looked at the two housewardens with worry, "Are you both alright? You seem so stiff after getting slapped. Are you still shocked?"

"I can't move!" Leona grunted with effort, "It's like my whole body's restrained."

Vil continued to struggle, "I can't even use my magic!"

Jack was summoned next.

Unlike the other two, Eliza did not test Jack's singing abilities. Instead, she asked him about his skill level with a sword. While the Savanaclaw student thought his strength and speed were superior to a sword, the princess strongly disagreed. Jack had the red palm print on his cheek to prove it.

"How can you protect a princess without a sword?!" Eliza exclaimed, "No prince like that exists!"

Then, Sebek was called upon.

"What kinds of instruments do you play?" Eliza asked, "Piano? Violin?"

Sebek answered, "Instruments? Young Master is very talented with every stringed instrument. The melody of his violin is both beautiful and sad. A shiver will be sent to the innermost depths of your heart when you listen to him playing the cello."

"Reject!" her palm traveled across his cheek.

"What?! You're a rude woman! I wasn't even done talking!"

"You are the one who's rude!" the princess argued, "How can you mention another man in a romantic scene?!"

For the first time, her line of reasoning made sense.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Highness," Trey bowed once he was called next.

She began to sniffle, "...No! We shouldn't meet again! Goodbye!"

Eliza suddenly floated away from Trey. As if it was some kind of drama, Trey chased after the princess, but was unsure of what do next after he reached her.

Jade loudly whispered, "You should sing! Now!"

"I can't even sing well, but..." Trey cleared his throat and sang somewhat in tune, "Uhm...you're~ pale~ just like....bleached cloth~. Your....uhm....your eyes~ look like grapes~...."

"Reject!" the princess cried out.

I couldn't help but flinch when Eliza smacked Trey.

"A prince would never use words such as those!" she argued.

Floyd barely got a word in when his cheek and the princess' hand met.

It all rested on Jade's shoulders.

"Your Highness," Jade bowed before he presented the princess with a flower, "Would you please accept this as a token of my love?"

Eliza gasped, "This is lovely!"
"I'm so glad it's to your liking," Jade smiled before he began to shower the princess with all kinds of compliments.

The smile in Eliza's face only grew wider and her excitement only increased.

I could only become hopeful. Maybe Jade would be the one to succeed.

My eyes then settled on the flower in the princess' hands. Dread settled in and I already imagined Eliza's hand traveling across Jade's cheek.

In the name of nature and everything that is good, please tell me he did not give the princess the flower I think it is.

It was in that moment, Floyd said, "Jade, isn't that the poisonous flower you picked yesterday?"

Before he could say anything, Eliza's hand landed its blow on Jade's cheek and left behind its red palmprint.

"You lot are such a bunch of disrespectful people!" Eliza continued to express her frustrations on the failures of the guys before her stream of anger came to a slow halt. I knew that look. She got an idea. She instructed to her guards, "Prepare them for the wedding. None of them may be princely in any way, but my Idia needs his groomsmen."

Ortho's screen went black and his drone returned to us.

While I could imagine the frustration the first group was brewing in, the rest of the guys were incredibly amused at their classmates failure.

In my mind, I could only imagine the princess had a screw loose.

The next hopeful group to be sent out were Cater, Deuce, Lilia, and Azul.

Please let this group be better than the last.