Witches Among Demons Finale

Looking at my unconscious aunt, I honed in on her magical energy. There was a blockage near her heart.

"She's been cursed," I muttered.

"I'll get Lucifer, he's really good at lifting curses," Simeon volunteered.

While we waited for the angel to return, I talked with Solomon and Luke to gain a better understanding of what happened. All they said was they were having a conversation when my aunt suddenly collapsed.

Then, someone must have passed behind her and casted the curse. Or maybe she talked to this person earlier in the evening and the curse activated now.

From my peripheral vision, I noticed a man in a black tuxedo running out of the ballroom towards the garden outside. I picked up the skirt of my dress and followed pursuit. While Luke stayed with my aunt, Solomon and Satan followed me from behind. Shortly, Mammon joined us on the chase.

Given the depth of darkness outside, there was no way I could catch the perpetrator, even with light present. The running sound of his footsteps was fading more.

"I'll just use my magic to catch him," I told the group, "It'll be a lot faster."

"No offense, but I don't think growing flowers is going to help catch the guy," Mammon said.

I activated my magic, allowing the demons to witness my eyes change in color. "What you saw during the photoshoot was only a fragment of what I can do."

I placed my hands on the earth, connecting with all of the foreign flora. 

There's an intruder in your territory. Find them and bring them to me.

The branches of the trees, bushes, and shrubs perked up with life and extended far beyond the eye could see. The grass began to lengthen and slithered along the stone pathways. It was not too long before I heard someone's cries for help as the branches presented us with the perpetrator.

At a glance, his looks reminded me that of my brother. Except this gentleman's jawline was sharper, his silver eyes quivered with fright, and had a slightly more muscular build.

A corner of my mouth rose in a side smile, "Trying to leave the party so soon?"

"Let me go!" he struggled against the branches, which only continued to tear his clothes.

"Now, tell me, how do we undo this nasty little curse?"

"What makes you think I'll tell you, witch?!" he spat out.

I laughed, "Goodness, you're just making things too easy for me. Is this your first time spellcasting and scurrying?"

"I won't tell you a thing!"

"You will tell me what sort of curse you casted on my family. Because if you don't..." I crept closer and whispered in his ear, "I'll become something much worse than a demon."

He loudly swallowed.

"You know what? I'm wasting my time with you," I released him from the plants' binding, "I've figured out the curse anyway."

"Y-You have?!" he scurried back.

"Of course, anyone could recognize it."

"That's impossible! I made sure of it!"

"It wasn't impossible, it was child's play."

"Well, you're too late! The love spell is soon to take effect on Maddi. It's only a matter of time when she wakes up."

"Thank you for that very helpful piece of information," I turned to Solomon, "Would you mind letting Lucifer know what we're dealing with?"

The wizard gave me a nod of affirmation before he ran inside the ballroom.