Don't Kid Around Part 3

Hand-in-hand, Cassie and Rook walked towards the Film Club's location in the school yard. Vil had finished giving instructions to the club members when he noticed Rook approaching his way. His eyes shifted between his Vice-Dorm Leader and the child witch. "Rook, who's this?"

"This is Cassie," Rook whispered to her, "Don't forget to say 'hello,' mademoiselle."

Cassie gave a shy wave to Vil in response.

The Pomefiore Dorm Leader attentively listened as Rook explained the series of events leading them to where they were.

Once Rook finished his explanation, Cassie raised her hand as if she was in class.

Vil turned to her, "Yes, Cassie?"

"Rook told me you were making a movie. I wanted to come by and watch...is that okay?"

"Well, aren't you sweet? Unfortunately, we finished filming for the day."

Cassie pouted in disappointment.

Vil then offered, "But I can let you try out some of the props. How about that?"

The witch's eyes instantly lit with excitement as she nodded. Her dimples made an appearance with her bright smile.

After Vil showed her the various prop weapons the club was using for their upcoming action film, Cassie was drawn to a sword. Though it was made of wood, the weapon looked incredibly realistic with some silver paint and fine details. She began to wave the sword around and pretended like she was battling her greatest enemy.

"Are you going to go slay a dragon?" one of the club members asked.

She looked at him in bewilderment, "Why would I slay a dragon?"

"That's usually what the heroes in fairytales do," Vil explained, "There will be a ferocious beast and a knight will go to get rid of it."

"But if the dragon didn't do anything, why slay it? I don't think that's very heroic."

Another member then asked, "What would you do if you met a dragon?"

Cassie pondered for a moment before she answered, "I would make them my friend. We can protect and care for each other, like how Grim and I do."

Vil bent down to directly look her in the eye, "You sure you're six years old?"

"No, I'm actually a vampire and I'm over a hundred years old."

"Goodness, even the same sense of sarcasm," Vil muttered.

While Cassie continued to play around with the wooden sword, she noticed someone's attention was elsewhere. Rook seemed to be in a daze about something much further away from where they were standing. She pulled the side of his uniform jacket, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah....I just remembered I need to return to my field work." Rook began to walk away from the group.

"Field...work?" Cassie tilted her head to the side in curiosity.

Vil attempted to stop him, but Rook was long gone.

"He's a peculiar person," Cassie noted.

"He can be. Well then," Vil lowered himself to meet Cassie's level, "I guess you'll be with me for a while. Is there anything you'd like to do?"

Cassie's stomach loudly growled. She wrapped her hands around her abdomen in embarassment.