The Invitation Part 6

Cassie folded her arms over her chest and raised a brow, "Why did you do it?"

"I promise I meant to harm by it!" the girl persuaded.

"Don't you know how dangerous love potions are?"

She swallowed, "I...I only wanted to...."

Contrary to popular suspicion, Regina Diamande was not the one responsible for putting the love potion into the punch.

It was one of the members of her troupe. Willow Robins.

After pouring the love potion into the punch bowl, Willow attempted to make an escape. Unfortunately, Jackie caught her before she could find a hiding place inside the main school building. According to Cassandra, the aroma of primroses lingered on Willow, a key ingredient in a love potion. Knowing there was no lie she could tell or excuse she could conjure, Willow confessed to her deeds.

Her motivation? Willow had reached her limit with being in Regina's control. She believed if she took away the one thing Regina valued most, popularity, she could finally be free. 

The only reason Willow was under Regina's influence to begin with was because she lost the battle. However, it did not mean she would wave the white flag in the war.

All of Heartslabyul shifted their gazes between Willow and a disappointed Cassandra.

Ace snickered, "She's in for it now."

"What do you mean?" Riddle turned in confusion to the freshman.

"One thing to know about Cassie is if you get on her bad side, she's not going to let you off the hook that easily."

"Should I be concerned what you did to know such a thing?"

Ace turned again to the screen and rubbed his hands together, "What will Cassie have in store for this girl?"

Riddle's eyes followed, expecting anger to erupt from Cassandra. Her gaze on Willow softened. Her hands gently held the girl's and pulled her closer to nestle her. Before anyone could question Cassie's actions they notice Willow beginning to quiver. Tears began to stream down her cheeks.

"Are you kidding me?!" Ace stood in protest, "What the hell, Cassandra Salvatori?!"

Deuce looked in confusion, "What's the problem?"

"I accidentally drank her moon water and she gets angry. A girl knocked out an entire school by putting a love potion and she gets a hug?! How's that fair?!"

"You can ask Cassie when she comes back tonight," Cater pointed to the screen, "It's rude to interrupt, y'know?"

Cassie, Jackie, Isa, and Willow all exited the building together and began to make their way to the main quad. The lavender fog from the antidote had  finally cleared, allowing the eyes of over a hundred witches to settle on the girls. 

Cassie scanned the crowd to find the principal, but it seemed her efforts would be spared. 

"Excuse me! Move over!" an individual was attempting to trek through the herd of witches. 

Once she made it to reach Cassie and her group, groans of annoyance filled the Heartslabyul lounge at the sight of a girl in a dazzling white ball gown pulling along the principal of the academy.

"Ms. Hollow! It was her!" Regina pointed a finger at Cassie, "She was the one who did it!"

Willow stepped up, "No...I'm the one who put the love potion in the punch. I'm the one who should deal with the consequences." Willow explained to the principal reasoning behind her action and her understanding on the severity of her deeds.