The Invitation Part 2

Genovia International Academy of Witchcraft.

I had to convince myself I was not dreaming. This was it. I now stood in front of the legendary witchcraft school.

Lush and colorful scenery surrounded the white main campus building whose architecture was a mixture of gothic and modernisctic. Stationed at each corner of the building were enormous, tall pillars etched with gold letters showcasing a message in Latin.

Alis volat propris. She flies with her own wings. The school's motto.

Unlike the statues of the Great Seven at Night Raven College's main road, a sculpture of the three Witch Sisters was found at the center of a fountain in the quad.

Although I would only be here for the next three days, I wanted to explore as much of the campus as I could.

All of the incoming witches were greeted by several overly energetic and perky conference leaders. They reminded me of shepherds herding an immense group of lost sheep. Except the shepherds had ten shots of espresso before starting their duties.

Whatever coffee they drink, I want it.

The leaders helped check in all of the invitees and provided them with information in regards to the events of the conference and what to expect. So far, the first two days were filled with workshops and presentations lead by several known witches in the academic field. Afterwards, we were directed towards our assigned rooms which we would share with two other witches.

I softly knocked on the door before I creaked it open, "Hello?"

"Ah!" one girl squealed, "She's here!"

"Don't mind Isa," the second girl looked up from the novella she was reading, "She just has a lot of energy."

I almost thought she was a goddess I read about in books. Her white pantsuit gave a beautiful contrast to her bronze skin tone. Her tight midnight ringlets were decorated with tiny white flower clips and her eyes reminded me of amazonite. She introduced herself as Jaqueline Finch, a student from the Coral Sea, "You can call me Jackie."

After I shook hands with Jackie, the second girl extended her hand in greeting. She was about the same height as me and her facial features were soft and delicate. A red rose headband laid across her honey blonde head of hair and matched her scarlet suit. Her deep chocolate eyes truly popped with the shimmering gold eyeshadow she wore. Her Spanish accent was evident when she spoke, "Isabela De La Rosa, pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Cassandra Salvatori from Sage Island, but born in the Land of Pyroxene," I said with a smile, "It's a pleasure to meet you ladies."

Once all of us finished unpacking and decided our sleeping arrangements, we had some spare time before it was time to head to the cafeteria for dinner. What better way to spend then with an icebreaker?

Born in the Rose Kingdom, Isabela dreamed of being a fashion designer on movie sets, especially if Vil Schoenheit was part of the cast. Starting at the young age of five years old, Isa kept an endless amount of journals which she filled with her original designs. A few years later, she was taught how to use a needle and thread and sewing machine by her dad, who worked as a tailor. With the aid of her blogger mom, Isa made her debut on Magicam as an amateur fashion designer. Despite the incredible handmade designs she posted, I was baffled why this lady had only a few hundred followers.

While her family in the Coral Sea encouraged her to stay home and run their family restaurant, Jacqueline wanted to explore the world. Unlike Isa and I, Jackie was a third year student and hoped to enroll in the Magic Navy, just like her mom, after her graduation. Besides her four younger siblings, Jackie also had a girlfriend named Elizabeth. Based on the stories Jackie told us, she and Lizzie, as she called her, sounded like the perfect couple from the romance books I read.