The Invitation Part 4

"I think I should've gone with the lavender one."

"Come on, Cassie!" Isa urged, "Let's see it!"

Although I wore casual dresses the majority of the time, there was something about formal gowns that made me nervous. Simply imagining capturing the attention of a whole room simply because of a pretty dress made my heart beat a little harder against my chest.

The joys of being an introvert are truly glorious.

"We'll see how this one looks and we'll go from there, okay?" Jackie proposed, "Come on out."

After taking a gulp and a breath, I creaked open the bathroom door. Isa and Jackie gasped and covered their mouths once they got a full view of the dress.

Neither one of them said a word for what felt like hours.

Hesitantly, I did a full spin so they could see the dress from all angles. "Well, what do you think?" I braced myself for any words of harsh criticism that would come out of their mouths.

Isa began, "In the lavender one, you looked like a princess, but in black...you look...wow."

Jackie's eyes traveled to the portion of my exposed waist. "Hun, when were you going to tell us your abs could also function as a washboard?" On instinct, I tried to cover the segment of my exposed torso, but Jackie moved my hands away. "I didn't say to hide it, did I?"

I took another look at myself in the two piece midnight dress. Really saw the way the off shoulder top accentuated my shoulders and showed off my triple moon tattoo under my collarbone. The small fragment of my abdominal that was exposed and the skirt that flowed to reach the ground. The gold glitter strap heels that would make their appearance once I began to walk. The shimmering gold eyeshadow, black winged eyeliner, and ruby lipstick that brought the entire look together.

If only this dress had pockets and I had a dagger strapped to my thigh, I would truly be unstoppable.

Regardless, I really liked what I saw.

"Cassie, the final decision is yours though," Isa reminded me, "Which dress do you feel better in?"

"I think I need to start wearing black two piece dresses more often," I turned to look at my friends, "Now, can we talk about how incredible the two of you look?"

Like the first day we met, small white flower clips embellished Jackie's ringlets. Her appearance seemed almost ethereal with the blush column dress and matching colored heels. She kept her makeup to a minimum with a shimmering lipstick and mascara. A corresponding set of diamond earrings, necklace, and bracelets, which her girlfriend let her borrow, served as her accessories.

Isabela looked spectacular in a red cocktail dress. The bodice hugged her torso before the tule skirt flared at her waist to reach her knees. To match the sparkling floral patterns embedded throughout the dress, Isa wore a pair of dangling silver rose earrings and a pair of silver high heels with rose secretly placed underneath the sole. Since she forgot to bring her rose clip, I provided her with a rose flower crown. She could have easily earned the title of Queen of Roses.

"Oh! There's something I need to show you ladies!" Isa excitedly opened one of her suitcase's pockets and pulled out a white sphere with a camera lens. It looked like something Ignihyde would make.

"That's so neat! What is it?"

"It's a drone! My brother gave it to me for my birthday and I can finally use it today." Once it was powered on, the drone began to fly above us, "The camera connects to my phone and I don't need to use a remote control to make it fly. I can command it where to go using my voice."