Glorious Masquerade Part 1

I never would have imagined an early morning school assembly bringing exciting news to Night Raven College's campus.

In the Land of Pyroxene, Noble Bell College, a wizarding school in the City of Flowers, would be hosting an exchange event on its grounds that weekend. The event would last three days and would allow students of various magic schools to interact with one another to broaden their horizons.

Like Night Raven College, Noble Bell College would not allow outsiders to pass through their gates unless it was for a special occasion. And since this was the first time the school hosted such a grand event, it only made it an even more valuable experience.

Of course, there was another reason to look forward to the magnificent event. At this time of year, there would be a grand festival taking place on the streets of the City of Flowers called Topsy Turvy. That same evening, a grand masquerade ball would be hosted at Noble Bell College.

The entire student body fidgeted in their seats with excitement and their hopes of going were quickly shut down. Due to Noble Bell College's significantly smaller campus size and taking into consideration the other wizarding schools in attendance, only a select few would be able to partake in the trip. 

Headmage Crowley thought of a method to fairly select the ten lucky students: a lottery.

"Cassie, you can say you're upset you don't get to go," Grim noted while I made myself an afternoon cup of coffee.

"I'm not upset."

"Cassie."

I admitted, "Okay, a little, but that's how drawing lots work. There's winners and losers."

"Who else got picked?"

"Riddle, Ruggie, Azul, Jamil, Rook, Epel, Idia, Silver, and Sebek."

The two students of Diasomnia were quite shocked how they were chosen to attend the exchange and not their dorm leader. Regardless, Malleus encouraged them to enjoy themselves and to consider the trip a vacation from their guard duties.

While he walked me to my dorm after class, Malleus and I discussed of some possible activities we could do together. They ranged from our usual engagements, like cooking, reading, and a night stroll. It made the disappointment of not going on this trip along with some of my other friends not so terrible.

A knock came from the front door.

"I'll get it!" Grim volunteered before he took off. After I heard the door unlock and the speedy footsteps from an individual, I immediately knew who decided to pay me a visit.

"Afternoon Headmage," I took a sip from my coffee as he entered the kitchen, "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Ms. Salvatori, I know this is sudden, but I'd like for you to participate in the exchange event."

My brows furrowed in confusion, "But, you already chose your ten students."

"You see, when I was telling the student council Noble Bell College who would be attending, they extended a direct invitation to you and Mr. Draconia."

"Me and Malleus?"

"It seems, like Mr. Draconia, you're quite famous. 'We want the girl wizard from Night Raven College to attend. It's all thanks to the principal for being able to house such a talented individual like that!" is what they told me. What do you say?"

"Headmage, I'm not a wizard, I'm a witch. The terms are not to used interchangeably," I corrected. "Honestly, saying a witch and a wizard are the same is like saying a familiar is a pet."