I won't hurt you

Elliot's: POV

I was walking along a street when I heard a faint cry. I followed the sound and found a little girl. Her hair was messy and the clothes were torn and dirty.

"Hello." I said softly. She looked scared at me and backed away. Her pink jeans reached to the knees and her leg was covered with bruises.

"I won't hurt you." I said and held out my hand. The girl hesitated a bit, before she walked gently up to me. "Do you want a hug?" I asked, but she took a step back. "My name is Elliot." I said with a smile on my face. "My name is Max." she replied low. "That's a beautiful name." I said and smiled.

(Max)

(Max)

***

"Where are your parents and what happened to your leg?" I asked worried. "They had a fight and I fell when I ran away." said Max. I was sitting a few meters away from her and spoke calmly.

"You just need to answer honestly at my question, did they hit you?" I asked. "Mommy said she would just go down to the laundry room to pick up clean clothes to me, but she never came back. When I asked my dad where mom was, he started screaming at me, I was a waste of space and he wished I was dead. I started crying and then he hit me." said Max and tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry." I replied. "Do you think I'm a waste of space?" she asked. "Of course not, you're a wonderful and strong girl. You have a heart of pure gold." I said. Max gave me a smile and she began to trust me. "Would you like to be my daughter?" I asked. "I'd love to." she said happily. She lay her hand in my hand. Her feet were swollen and she didn't said against me when I picked her up in my arms. She fell asleep on the way back to my house. "I'll give you a better home, I promise." I replied.

Poor Max, I'm glad Elliot adopted her.

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~