You're safe now

Elliot's: POV

It was a warm and beautiful autumn day. We had been given permission to visit the playground.

"Hello sweeite

"Hello sweeite." I said happily and Max hugged me. "You're so cute and I love your blue jacket." I said and she giggled. "You're a wonderful dad to her." replied Adam. "Thank you so much." I said with a smile on my face.

We went to the playground where the other children were playing with their parents. "What do you want to do?" I asked and Max pointed at a slide. I smiled and took her hand in mine. She sat down in my lap and she laughed when we came down again. I picked her up in my arms and danced with her. Tired parents looked at us and wondered how I could have so much energy.

***

I threw Max's ball to her. She dropped it and it rolled out on the street. "My ball." she said and went after it. "Stay here, I'll get it for you." I replied. I went out on the street and picked up the ball. A man went to me and hit me in the face. I fell to the ground and blood was running from my nose.

"You kidnapped my daughter, you'll pay for it." said Jason coldly. "I didn't kidnap her, I adopted her. You killed her mom and you tried to kill Max too. Max is also sick and she can die, thanks to you." I replied. "She's my child." he said. "She's not your child, she'll never be." I replied. He picked up his gun and directed it at me. "I hope you burn in hell." said Jason. Just then came mom, grandma and grandpa. They arrested Jason and lead him to the police car. Max ran up to me and I picked her up in my arms. "You're safe now Max." I said.

Elliot will protect Max with his life

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~