22

** A/N: I'm finna start doing some time skips because we're 20 something chapters into this book and they ain't even together yet (the avengers are in a relationship and Kenya's going on dates with them but she's not their official gf yet) and it's time to get to the good shit.**

~K. Capri~

**Several months later**

"Sam move" I groan, pushing him off me. He was bear hugging me, and had been doing so for five minutes straight.

"Why? Is it because I wasn't able to get you that big stuffed animal at the fair?" He asked, making me roll my eyes.

We all went on a date a little while ago. Some of the guys started playing the carnival games and Bucky won Nat a huge stuffed panda, Thor got Wanda a big stuffed lion, Tony got Steve a big ass stuffed iron man, and Sam tried getting me something big but he could only win a little stuffed bear.

A stuffed bear I loved as soon as he handed it to me. He was a little embarrassed and ashamed- and I hated that he felt that way. So I made sure to tell him that anything get got me, no matter how big or small, how expensive or cheap, how shiny or bland- I'd cherish forever.

And I meant that.

"Boy move. You know it's not about that. It's because we're supposed to be training and you won't let me go"

"We've been training for 3 hours. Let's just give up" He says

"No! You're just scared I'm gonna beat your ass....again" I say, smirking as I felt his grip loosen on me.

"Beat who ass? Cuz I was dog-walking you before I even hugged you" He joked

I laughed loud and hard.

"Boy you couldn't dog walk me if you tried. Stop being scary and let's spar one more time"  I say, putting my fists up. He looked amused and ultimately agreed.

Now....I'm gonna be honest, we started to spar and I couldn't even tell you what he did or how he did it- all I know is that I was on the ground.

"MY NECK! MY BACK! MY NECK AND MY BACK" I scream, quoting the movie "Friday"

Sam chuckled and tried to refrain from checking on me but he did it anyways, picking me up and carrying me out the gym.

"I need a shower" I complain, taking note of how sweaty I was

"Yeah, you do" Sam agrees.

"Asshole" I mumble

"Yeah, that's exactly what you smell like"

I damn near jumped out his arms and jogged to the elevator. I pressed the up button and waited while Sam caught up to me.

"I was joking" He laughs

I ignore him and walk onto the elevator when it opens. I wasn't mad, of course. Just wanted to be childish.

We rode in silence all the way to the main floor. The doors opened and we saw the rest of the avengers engaged in what looked to be a serious conversation. They stopped as soon as they saw us.

Steve looked annoyed but put on a smile and walked over to me, kissing my lips.

"How was training? Did the bird go too hard on you?" He asked. Sam scoffed.

"When y'all gon stop calling me that?" He asked

"When you change your superhero name" Wanda answered. He walked over to her and kissed her while Bucky and Tony came over to me.