The Door

After a night of restful sleep, they made their way back to the hilltop where they stashed their weapons. Ned was sitting up on Beasts back giggling as Artos walk next to them keeping his hand on the baby's back to keep him steady.
"It's hard to believe he was born a little over 5 months ago." Artos said watching him closely.
"Soon you won't have to hold him up there." Dany teases watching them fondly.
"Alastor should be 4 by now. I haven't heard anything from or about Sansa." Artos told her sadly.
"They are fine. I'm sure Jon has heard something. You should try writing to him once we're back." Dany told him trying to lift his spirits. Artos nodded before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a ring.
"You lost something." He said handing it to her. Dany gasped and smiled widely at him before sliding it back onto her finger.
"Thank you." She told him kissing his exposed shoulder. He had rid himself of his tunic and was left in a sleeveless undershirt. Ned was no better in nothing but his cloth diaper. Once they reached the top Dany turned to talk to Jorah.
"I banished you twice. You came back twice. And you saved my life. So I can't take you back and I can't send you away." She said taking a step forward. Artos sent Jorah a warning look and he took a step back. Dany frowned her brown and looked between the two men.
"You must send me away." Jorah said rolling up his sleeve. Dany sadly looked over his arm which had gotten worse since yesterday.
"Is there a cure?" She asked him.
"I don't know." Jorah answered truthfully.
"How long does it take?" She asked stepping back into Artos for support.
"I don't know that either. But I've seen what happens when it goes far enough. I'll end things before that." Jorah told her.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Dany said through the tears in her eyes.
"Don't be. All I've ever wanted was to serve you. Tyrion Lannister was right. I love you. I'll always love you. Good-bye, Khaleesi." Jorah finished and then turned to walk away.
"Do not walk away from your queen, Jorah the Andal. You have not been dismissed. You pledged yourself to me. You swore to obey my commands for the rest of your life. Well, I command you to find a cure wherever it is in this world. I command you to heal yourself and then return to me. When I take the Seven Kingdoms, I need you by my side." She told him voice thick with tears. Jorah nodded and bowed his head.

They had gone back to collect the Dothraki and horses while Jorah waited at the bottom of the hill. Ned was still only in his diaper as he sat happily in front of Artos looking wide eyes around at the view. Artos was grateful they didn't have to worry about the baby getting sunstroke from the heat of the day. Daenerys rode on her own horse beside him and Daario just behind followed by the bloodriders and then the rest of the people. Artos nodded in respect to Jorah as they passed him and Jorah nodded back before riding the other direction.
"It took us a week to find you. Are you ready for the week-long journey back?" Artos asked looking over at Dany.
"As long as Your there, my king." Dany teased.
"Is it too late to leave you there?" Artos joked. Dany gasped out a laugh and leaned over to hit him lightly on the arm making Artos laugh loudly.

[Thank you so much for reading!]