5 - What I Don't Know Can't Hurt Me

Sashas POV:

The following few days after my last encounter with Blondie consisted of flirty texts and banter. Occasionally, he'd casually try to get me over to his house, which always resulted in a "no way, you're a stranger" text. As much as I didn't want to admit it, talking to him was fun and I caught myself purposely checking my phone to see if he'd text me at times. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something about him that lured me into him. I could easily be a mouse making its way into a trap, and I had to be careful.

"Hey! Earth to Sasha!" 

I snap out of my daze to see my co-worker, Mikasa, pushing a cart of books at me. 

Mikasa is one of my best friends, despite being a co-worker. She was incredibly beautiful and active, which made her have an amazing physique. Her hair was cut short with some bangs that fell in front of her eyes. She wore black mom jeans with black Doc Marten boots with an oversized navy-blue sweatshirt, which I could tell 100% belonged to her boyfriend, Eren.

"Hey, sorry Mikasa. What's up?" I rub my eyes, looking back and forth between her and the cart filled with kids' books. She smiles at me, her cheeks becoming plump. 

"Can you take these out for me?" She asks, her voice nearly sounding like a whisper to not cause a disturbance to anyone else. 

Perks of working in a library: Lots of quiet time.

I smile at her, nodding before grabbing the cart and wheeling it to the kid's area of the library. I walk past many children reading books, playing on our computers, and children frantically searching for their parents. I push the cart into the fiction book area, putting the cart behind me so I could start unloading the cart. 

I unloaded the books one by one, getting lost in thought as I recall the events of the last week of my life. 

I met a sweet stranger who happened to be talented in the kitchen, he was incredibly charming and thoughtful, but I didn't know his name. I smiled to myself, thinking about the little "thing" we had. I enjoyed the idea of being nameless to him. It kept the suspense and mystery of one another on high. I enjoyed knowing him as Blondie, and I being Stalker...even though he has technically stalked me twice. 

I continued to unload kids' books onto shelves until I finished the cart, thinking about my conversations with the stranger in the process. When I finished, I wheeled the cart back to the main desk, Mikasa greeting me with her gorgeous smile. 

"Hey, that was quick." She says, her eyes widening as I put the cart beside her. 

"A lot on my mind, I was zoned out for most of it," I reply, checking the time to see how much longer I had until my shift ended. 

3:41 PM. An hour and 19 minutes. 

I groan, leaning against the back wall, Mikasa joining me. She stood beside me, looking at me with narrowed eyes. 

"What?" I question, eyeing her from the side. 

"What's got you so excited to leave work?" She starts, crossing her arms in front of her, "Or who?" she scrunches her nose. 

I laugh, covering my mouth with my hand. "Ha Mikasa, so funny. As if." I look at the girl, "I'm just tired and want to go home."

This wasn't a lie; I was tired and did want to go home. I was up all-night texting the blonde, so barely any sleep was had last night. 

"Anyways I'll be right back, I'm going to go to the restroom." I pass Mikasa, an amused exhale coming out of her nose. 

I race past the front desk, making my way to the bathroom in the back of the library. I close the door, locking it behind me as I pull my phone out. I scroll through multiple missed calls from telemarketers until I see my texts.